What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of packing and cleaning the apartment, because I'm moving to Houston on Sunday for five months. New rotation at TMC starts on the first of October.

Deepak, there's a Houston meet on the 17th. Details @ Head-Fi.

It would be really great if you could make it!

We have to give you the Texas decoder ring at some point anyway. :)

woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. found my way to my kitchen and drank a cup, and looking up, i noticed i was late.

went to work, and did some stuff, took a couple calls, they were in a huff. went to lunch, and went back to work. left for the day, and now i'm roasting a chicken.

Gosh, your day seems oddly familiar.

As for me...I woke up Sunday mornin' with no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt. And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for desert. Then I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, and found my cleanest, dirty shirt. I washed my face and combed my hair, and stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

Edited by swt61

A day late and a dollar short.....

Grid lock from the UN meeting on Thurs. Nothing was moving, except the cruise boat.

orig.jpg

About 30 of NYs finest were protecting the corner of 3rd Ave and 34th St during the UN meeting.

orig.jpg

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few,

orig.jpg

They must have done a good job because the corner was still there when I went home later that evening.

USG

They must have done a good job because the corner was still there when I went home later that evening.

USG

Sorry for the doublepost, but need to chime in here.

I work across from the Waldorf and UN Week is always a ridiculous nightmare. This year was no different, though the tone was less scary than in the past.

Fun tidbit: I have a friend who's a detective with NYPD. I ran into him on Park Ave. near the Waldorf where one of the luncheons was occurring. He drew a detail guarding a PM from one of the, uh, less prominent countries. Said PM got kicked out of his hotel room because he didn't check out on time. Doesn't always pay to be the king I suppose.

I worked on transforming an old chassis to fit the BH while my brother won cake of the year contest on behalf of the bakery. It was a large contest with 42 entries but we won it by a mile. :) The judges even ate the second cake which was only meant for the photo shoot. :P

It's good to win since a lot of work went into this. We set out to make a very complicated cake on purpose to try and make up for the lack of professionalism running rampant these last few years and it worked. Last years winner was a direct copy from a Valrhona brochure with nothing changed. :palm: The recipe for our cake is 7 pages long with every last bit made from scratch so no corners were cut. Needless to say it was fucking awesome... :cool:

I worked on transforming an old chassis to fit the BH while my brother won cake of the year contest on behalf of the bakery. It was a large contest with 42 entries but we won it by a mile. :) The judges even ate the second cake which was only meant for the photo shoot. :P

It's good to win since a lot of work went into this. We set out to make a very complicated cake on purpose to try and make up for the lack of professionalism running rampant these last few years and it worked. Last years winner was a direct copy from a Valrhona brochure with nothing changed. :palm: The recipe for our cake is 7 pages long with every last bit made from scratch so no corners were cut. Needless to say it was fucking awesome... :cool:

Pics or ban. And share the recipe too if you can!