Earthquake in southern Iceland/Spritzer: Are you safe?

guzziguy

Thanks for the kind words guys. The damn thing woke me up from my midday nap and that is saying a lot as I live on the western most tip of Reykjavik (actually a separate town) and the house is built on a buffer of sand. Everybody is fine and no major damage has been reported though some bridges and houses have been closed for the time being. My father is going to go and check up on our summerhouse which is about 15km from the epicenter but it's built like a vault so it should be fine.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The damn thing woke me up from my midday nap and that is saying a lot as I live on the western most tip of Reykjavik (actually a separate town) and the house is built on a buffer of sand. Everybody is fine and no major damage has been reported though some bridges and houses have been closed for the time being. My father is going to go and check up on our summerhouse which is about 15km from the epicenter but it's built like a vault so it should be fine.

Glad to know that you are doing fine. :)

Glad you and your family are okay. :)

Thanks guys. The gear is all secure an the only thing that could have suffered any damage was the SR-? which I jumped out of bed to secure. It's all about the right priorities... ;D

I just watched the news and it seems that it was two shocks in one so a large aftershock isn't all that likely but all precautions are being taken.

good to hear you are doing OK. Time to pull an Anderson and secure your gear....(i think that is his handle, the guy who straps his gear on stationary racks while on a ship on deepsea deployment)

That's Bob Anderson. Everything needs to be secured while at see but there is no way in hell that my rack is ever going to move. It's an old Target model with a steel frame filled to the brim with metal particles and with about 80kg of gear sitting in it. ;D

Glad to hear that man.

edit: does Bjork still live in Iceland, or did she sell out and move to Malibu?

Good to hear that you and Staxen are ok, Birgir.

If you'd like a safe place to keep them Australia is geographically an ideal location.

No faults that I know of, and basically smack in the centre of the tectonic plate.

If you'd like a safe place to keep them Australia is geographically an ideal location.

No faults that I know of, and basically smack in the centre of the tectonic plate.

The marsupials will attack! :kitty:

Until a kangaroo makes away with the Staxen in her pouch :o