Another Stax Omega 2 setup

deepak

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Maiden/metal/rock sounds unreal through them. I completely agree with Birgir that they're lacking in the high freq extremes with the transformer box. But holy shit it's like an ultra resolving (minus the midbass hump) L3000. Of course I've only listened to them yesterday and today. Damn acclimatizing to normal altitude after flying :horsey:

I hate you. I hate you all....

There is nothing to hate my friend... just sell one of those K1000 and buy a used SR-007. C'mon you know you want to... be like us, be like us, be like us.... ;)

Btw. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DoD DVD-A. It was just set for 5.1 in some hidden menu and now it's fucking brilliant!!!!

There is nothing to hate my friend... just sell one of those K1000 and buy a used SR-007. C'mon you know you want to... be like us, be like us, be like us.... ;)

Bah, I never seem to see O2s at reasonable prices, come to think of it everyone seems to buy them out of thin air as I never even see adverts! :o Even with an O2 I'd have to run it off the SRD-7, no Blue Hawaii for this poor moth eaten wallet.

Anyway, I'm sending one of my K1000s to Asr in the morning so he can play with them on his new Beta 22 for a couple of weeks.

Bah, I never seem to see O2s at reasonable prices, come to think of it everyone seems to buy them out of thin air as I never even see adverts! :o Even with an O2 I'd have to run it off the SRD-7, no Blue Hawaii for this poor moth eaten wallet.

Anyway, I'm sending one of my K1000s to Asr in the morning so he can play with them on his new Beta 22 for a couple of weeks.

A good example can be had from Japan for less then 1200$ with the current Y!JP going rate as a reference. The SRD-7 will still show you just how good the SR-007 is and I'll try to find some cheap transformers which can drive the SR-007.

Now I know who's hoarding all those good-condition SRD-7 units.

I remember listening to Iron Maiden LPs during the 80's. It probably sounded bad with the crappy stereo and headphones I had then, but ignorance was bliss.

The old albums sound great so go out and buy the whole catalog and relive the glory days... :D

Congrats!!! :dance:

Stax sure can rock and it gets even better with the BH. I'm listening to the Dance of Death DVD-A and the sound is amazing but the mastering is slightly "off".

Ahhh nice. Dance of Death on CD sounds really bad. These Castle reissues all use the mastering from the first pressed CDs, which is fantastic. Self Titled on Castle sounds really close to my first pressing UK vinyl.