Darth Beyers.

naamanf

Going to post this here and not even bother with the other place.

So I have wanted a pair of snake wood Darths for some time now. I figured I would like how they sound seeing as I like my '03 880s and how much they are hyped at the other place. So when a pair showed up at half price in the for sale section I jumped on them.

I received them today. Really? People really like these? I know they were going to be a bit bass heavy but not bass bloated. The low end totally ruins any chance they have of sounding good. Or okay for that matter. Makes me really question all the people that talk them up as being a great sounding headphone. No offense if your reading this and your one of those people. Maybe I am just spoiled by the other phones I have.

Just had to get that off my chest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, when i bought the DT770/80 Pro just to see what all the fuss was about. i just couldn't see what all the fuss was about

of course the bass is huge and disproportionately emphasised, which i guess a lot of people would like, but not for me

quickly sold them off and had no desire to drop the coin on a pair of darths if they even slightly resembled the stock 770s

yep, when i bought the DT770/80 Pro just to see what all the fuss was about. i just couldn't see what all the fuss was about

x2.

I would have liked to have liked the sound, because to these eyes an ebony Darth Beyer is one of the best looking phones I've seen.

So I have wanted a pair of snake wood Darths for some time now. I figured I would like how they sound seeing as I like my '03 880s and how much they are hyped at the other place. So when a pair showed up at half price in the for sale section I jumped on them.

A good rule of thumb... If anything's hyped and available for half off, they will rarely live up to the hype.

I have to admit that I have yet to hear a Beyer I would choose over the stock iPod buds. :shrug:

Welcome to the Darth Beyer former owners and overwhelming out of proportion bass club. I did the same thing - read all the hype, saw the pictures, blah blah blah. And tried to listen to them. Nope. They sure did look good, but the sound was atrocious. So sold they were. So I guess it ends up as don't believe half of what you see and none of what you read.

Oh, and if you posted this at HF you'd be burned on a wenge stake.

I got a pair as something to contrast with my K340. That they do. I find them to be interesting as a change of pace with real rocking music. I must admit that they get less time than my K340, HP2 and Yuin PK2, but I don't hate them as many people here do. I don't understand the wild fans that they have on HF, except for the looks of course.

I think Beyers basically suck and Darth Beyers suck utterly and completely. Sorry Ken, I know you don't take offense

I wanted to recable and balance my DT 770. Then, after taking it apart, I looked at the pieces and realized I couldn't care less about them. Anyone want parts?

Send Nate parts, Nate like parts.

Vincent funny. Nate silly.

Just purchased a pair a couple of months ago. They were really beautiful cans as I had the Cocobolo wood on them. I read the hype and decided to take a chance on them when they came up for sale. When I got them I couldn't believe how much bass was on them. I like bass, but that was way too much bass for me. I then saw a deep cup darth FS and gave that a shot. I thought it was world's better than the regular darths, but it still wasn't for me. I sold them as well and I haven't looked back.

But the one thing for certain is that both cans looked great. There are a lot of people that like them, but again it wasn't the sound I was looking for. :shrugs:

I like the DT990 and the DT880 OK. Nothing spectacular, but both are good phones. The stock DT770 however is just way to bass oriented for me. It has bass at the expense of good mids and highs, that's not a trait I'd consider good. The Darth's seem to emphasize this even more, and I can't tolerate them at all. They are actually one of my least favorite headphones.

So you're not alone Naaman.

I cringed when I heard that you'd bought them. From brief experience my conclusion is that they are the most over-priced, over-hyped headphones out there.

I considered buying a pair a few years back. Thank god I heard a pair first. I agree completely.

I think that's what prompted me to make my own woody Orthodynamics.

When I first joined the fi, I thought they were one of the best looking headphones. But I'm kind of cheap, so I never bought a pair. I still haven't heard one yet, but from what I gather, I doubt I would like them (far from a bass head).