Darth Beyers.

naamanf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you Ed. 9 haters can go fuck yourselves. Come over and hear them balanced on my SDS-XLR or Beta22 and then tell me they suck so much. They do have a pretty unique sound signature and take some adjustment to get them -- so it is not really viable to swap back and forth -- but they have some positive attributes not easily found in closed cans.

I expect better from you...

63009044.jpg

All of you Ed. 9 haters can go fuck yourselves. Come over and hear them balanced on my SDS-XLR or Beta22 and then tell me they suck so much. They do have a pretty unique sound signature and take some adjustment to get them -- so it is not really viable to swap back and forth -- but they have some positive attributes not easily found in closed cans.

cartman.jpg

I wouldn't mind hearing that setup Alberto >:D

Oh no, Al has been infected by the Sovkiller virus. That must be why he put down my headphones!

So sorry to disappoint. :sadcat:

You don't disappoint, the Ed9's do though! *zing*

I'm hoping that next year's CanJam will be in LA so I can make it with the excuse of visiting my little sister. I assume that if the meet is that close some of your big rig will make an appearance?

I had Darth Beyers and quite liked them for what they were, but was never expecting them to be anything other than fun phones, and they were fun when I was in the mood. When I was teaching middle school, I even kept them there for awhile, and let the kids listen if they got done with their work early. They were fun, closed cans that were pretty, and really changed character with 6528 tubes, opened up quite a bit. If I'd been expecting them to be other (good all-rounders, reference cans, etc), I would also have been disappointed, but nothing I had ever read about them said they would be anything close to that. I enjoyed the when I had them, and sold them when the fun was gone.

Mahir is badass - we should invite him to the next international meet, he does like music and I bet he plays a mean accordion.

I love how the peter pan guy is 53 years old and is making a connection between peter pan and jesus christ in the quote above the home page.

After following the thread I can agree with the others that like the Deep Cup Darths to a point. The point is that the Deep Cup Darths do sound better than regular Darths, but overall it wasn't the sound for me in the end. There wasn't as much bass as the regular Darths' but again it was more bass than I would like in a can. Someone called the Deep Cup Darths mind blowing, and when I saw that I went :doghuh: That's just my opinion :)