Best Bluetooth Headset?

The Monkey

I currently have the Motorola H700. It is truly a piece of shit. I need to get a new headset, as I tend to be on a lot of calls during my commute. The #1 requirement is sound quality on my end and the listener's end. #2 is that it needs to be comfortable. Otherwise it doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles. I've read some decent things about the Jawbone 2, but it is expensive with some drawbacks, but if the sound and comfort are far superior to anything else then so be it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

honestly man, i tried about a dozen different BT headsets....only to find that they are just not quite there yet. Some had their ups, some had their downs. NOTHING was even close to perfect. I settled with a corded headset.

If i had a gun to my head, the best one was the Jawbone. However, it did make everyone sound robitic.

I've got a new phone and am interested in an answer for this as well. It's purely for conversations, as I don't listen to music on the phone. SQ, comfort and battery life are important.

Australian law passed not long ago that talking on the phone while driving is only allowed with a headset.

So far I'm not impressed with the freeby that came with my phone.

Dom,

Aside from the robotic sound issue, how did you like the Jawbone? (v.2 is out now...)

Its ok, its a tad big for my taste...looks like you have a huge slab of metal out of your ear. Its not very heavy, however its alot more heavy then most out there. Some people like the little piece that rests on your jawbone (hence the name) I didnt really, sometimes i like to go a few days without shaving and the little piece would rub my facial hair, which itched to me. Most dont notice it, im just being picky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My secretary really wants to be able to listen to movies and music from her Sprint EVO through a bluetooth earpiece. I guess her current one cannot deal with those stereo outputs, even though it works for the phone function. I looked at the Ety.com and their big clunky wireless one, but are there any other options she should consider?