Dynahi?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but does anyone have internal pics of Dynahis? I'm working on layout for mine and was interested to see what others had done, particularly something like an sft-built one or similar. Even pics to show me how not to do it would be fine :)

EDIT: I found some pics of Todd's... still would like some of one of sfts, particularly with the LCD display.

Edited by Pars

I have some DIY pics of Fallen Angels dynahi (now mine). I guess there are some things in there which might show how to do it

Before:

img2532l.jpg

After:

dynahi.jpg

EDIT: I forgot I used to own another dynahi before this one (Veda-Audio which I guess SFT/GS Ferrari worked on). Here's a pic

p1010090u.jpg

Edited by xand1x

Thanks. I always thought Veda was gsferrari only, and that sft had his own? At any rate, from what I recall, I thought sft's looked the best of the ones I had seen. Mine is going to be a 2ch in a single case (2U Pesante Dissipante with a single sigma22 psu and SumR encapsulated tranny), so no internal heatsinks, etc. I had seen amb's build, but since I am going single case, not applicable so much.

Thanks. I always thought Veda was gsferrari only, and that sft had his own? At any rate, from what I recall, I thought sft's looked the best of the ones I had seen. Mine is going to be a 2ch in a single case (2U Pesante Dissipante with a single sigma22 psu and SumR encapsulated tranny), so no internal heatsinks, etc. I had seen amb's build, but since I am going single case, not applicable so much.

Should be a great amp Pars. Keep us posted with pics of your build and i'll see if I can dig up anymore Dynahi photos from around the computer (if needed).

Thanks for the offer. I've been building this thing for well over a year, collecting parts as I go along. The only thing I need for the amp boards are a matched set of output devices, but I have that covered (I think). The sigma is almost done, and I bought the tranny quite awhile ago, as well as the diyhifi case. Amp boards are all PRP/Roederstein resistors, pana FMs, etc. TKD pot, unless I decide to look at that Arduino thing or do a DACT or something. I wanted to keep this one rather simple though.

I have to build one of my modified e12 boards with the mute switch/LED drivers like I did for my Dynalo, but I either have to have the PCB made or etch one. I am leaning towards using a Bulgin dual color switch, so I'll have to think about that (ε24/σ24 probably), and other minor items.

I was amusing myself with my machinist fail last weekend in making the brackets for the PCBs to heatsinks, but they turned out serviceable and look pretty good :palm: I'll post a couple of chassis layouts for critique later. I'd like to put one amp PCB on each heatsink, but not sure if that is going to work out or not. Case is a Pesante Dissipante 2U 300mm with both silver and black 10mm faceplates... probably go with black for this one.

The 300mm chassis isn't going to give you a lot of options in terms of layout. My BH is built into a 2U/300mm and there really isn't a lot of room in there once you factor in the depth of connectors etc. The Dynahi boards are smaller but not by that much...

I'd put one channel on each sink and place them right at the front with the transformer in one back corner and the S22 in the other. The power input would be next to the transformer and the line inputs next to the PSU.

Btw. I wished I hadn't just looked at the Dynahi PCB and realized I had all the parts needed to build one. :palm: It would kick ass with a couple of Lundahl's to drive Stax... :)

The 300mm chassis isn't going to give you a lot of options in terms of layout. My BH is built into a 2U/300mm and there really isn't a lot of room in there once you factor in the depth of connectors etc. The Dynahi boards are smaller but not by that much...

I'd put one channel on each sink and place them right at the front with the transformer in one back corner and the S22 in the other. The power input would be next to the transformer and the line inputs next to the PSU.

Btw. I wished I hadn't just looked at the Dynahi PCB and realized I had all the parts needed to build one. :palm: It would kick ass with a couple of Lundahl's to drive Stax... :)

Well, you can just send me the parts and then they won't bother you anymore :)

• 2 weeks later...