Does any player do Flac Disc Images?

aardvark baguette

A very large FAIL for apple, imo. :rant:

Hardly. FLAC didn't have traction anywhere when apple went with ALAC. Apple basically defined the market, and had the forethought to include lossless compression as an option. Can't fault them for that. ALAC was definitely around when you decided to go with APE and FLAC and whatever other communist compression scheme you chose...

Hardly. FLAC didn't have traction anywhere when apple went with ALAC. Apple basically defined the market, and had the forethought to include lossless compression as an option. Can't fault them for that. ALAC was definitely around when you decided to go with APE and FLAC and whatever other communist compression scheme you chose...

lol

Actually I started ripping with Apple Lossless, but overtime have gravitated to other formats, partly due to EAC and Foobar, partly due to others not using the format. It just makes it easier for "talking" about music with others ;)

lol

Actually I started ripping with Apple Lossless, but overtime have gravitated to other formats, partly due to EAC and Foobar, partly due to others not using the format. It just makes it easier for "talking" about music with others ;)

So the fail is with you O0

I would think conversion to ALAC would be relatively painless.

And if you want to learn how to program on the iPhone/iTouch, I'm sure you could get it to play FLAC disk images. FLAC, itself, has already been done -- I don't know if that includes disk images (it usually doesn't).

Its not hard to press a few buttons and convert a disc image to Apple Lossless, but I'd like to keep the disc image files, which means I'd run out of HD space very quickly. Plus I dont feel like having to manually add album art to so many things. Its not really a necessity that I find a player that plays flac disc images, it would just be all the more convenient for me is all. If there aren't any players that do that out there, then I see no reason to abandon the ipod.