Does any player do Flac Disc Images?

aardvark baguette

I'm thinking I'm going to just go back to Apple Lossless. One issue with disc images is if one segment gets corrupted of a file, there goes the whole enchilada.

dbPoweramp seems to have changed quite a bit since I last poked around on it, and can do EAC-level secure rips with logs, straight to ALAC. Which means I dont have to make a disc image for archival purposes, convert that to wav to import to iTunes, which will be converted to ALAC or AAC. Thats alot less babysitting I'd have to do for the rips. I'd have the logs and secure ripping I need, plus instant iTunes compatibility, all with a single mouse click.

Now I've got to decide if I want an ipod classic or not. Maybe new ipods in September.

Just install Rockbox on the iPod (caveat: iPod Classic 6G and a few other models not supported yet, and may never be). The iPod player itself is nice, but running the Apple software ties you to the evil iTunes, proprietary file formats and cryptic, un-navigable file names and structure on the actual ipod disk. Switching to Rockbox turns the iPod into what it should have been in the first place.