Migration News

tkam

Welcome to the new migrated forums everyone. There's a few new features and a few things are a work in progress. Let me get to the work in progress things first, user profiles didn't migrate everything over correctly so make sure to check your profiles and make sure they are ok. Also you'll notice on imported posts that embedded media (think youtube links, etc) aren't embedded. I will probably edit and fix them as I see them but don't expect them to all get fixed any time soon.

On to the new features, we now have a fully integrated chat room feature. It will automatically log you in via your forum login info. There's also an improved downloads section which I'll be adding more stuff too shortly. There is an embedded media function here still, though it functions a bit differently. Still works the same way for posting though, just post the link with no bbcode and it will get parsed/displayed automatically.

I will be adding a new front page shortly it will be similar to the old portal system with one key difference, it's only going to be a front page none of the side bars will be in place on the forum pages.

Oh yeah I still need to re-add the HC logo too ;).

If anyone is having problems with the password reset function, please send your username and desired password to: [email protected] and I'll take care of it.

Edited by tkam

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I mean a link to the new posts in the thread.

For example, I saw there were posts in here. I clicked the thread, and I had to scroll through all the old posts. The SMF would bring me right to the first post that I had not read.

Any likelihood of increasing the size limit for each image in albums ?

97.3 KB is too small to make out details of mini-dacs' internals, previously the image file was 299KB.

p.s. I preferred the previous site aesthetics and having buttons I could click for posts "since I last logged-in" and "replies to thread I've posted in" was a boon.

Any likelihood of increasing the size limit for each image in albums ?

97.3 KB is too small to make out details of mini-dacs' internals, previously the image file was 299KB.

p.s. I preferred the previous site aesthetics and having buttons I could click for posts "since I last logged-in" and "replies to thread I've posted in" was a boon.

I preferred the old software asthetically, but I think I was just used to it. I'm sure this can be great, if not better :)

Also, any chance of the warning that a new post has been made while typing your reply?

"Also, any chance of the warning that a new post has been made while typing your reply?"

In the similar large red letters please

I'm a slow typer/thinker - that too was a useful feature :)

Also will the "Quote" button be appearing again on individual messages while within the "reply to Thread" mode.

p.s. many thanks for doing all this work :)

"having buttons I could click for posts "since I last logged-in" and "replies to thread I've posted in" was a boon."

I've just spotted the "New Posts" button :)