Migration News

tkam

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed something, in the old forum I could come and check a couple of threads with new posts but leave others and when I came back even if no one had posted in them they still showed as having new posts. This new forum software acts like Head-Fi where after a certain amount of time new posts show as read. Am I making any sense?

I just noticed something, in the old forum I could come and check a couple of threads with new posts but leave others and when I came back even if no one had posted in them they still showed as having new posts. This new forum software acts like Head-Fi where after a certain amount of time new posts show as read. Am I making any sense?

This was my favorite feature of the Simple Machines forum, and I hope there is a way to implement this with the vBulletin software. I too like to be able to keep track of what is actually read versus what has been changed since my last visit.

and is the tag's thing really useful at all? Another forum I go to has the tags thing and all it gets used for is for trolls to mark a thread

not really, i'll probably get around to disabling them at some point.

i see the smileys fine in the posts, but i don't see any when i'm posting in the reply page (not the quick reply window).

ok this is a user profile setting, enter your user cp, then edit options then look for the last setting: message editor interface. If it's set to basic thats why you can't see the smilies choose one of the other two.

Yep I know exactly what you mean and I've already fixed it ;D.

whenever I try to add an avatar from a remote link I get:

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

:sadcat:

Yeah don't actually link to those avatars, download them first then upload them. I don't plan on leaving that link online permanently.

whenever I try to add an avatar from a remote link I get:

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

:sadcat:

This is the error I was getting. I was actually changing the profile pic not my avatar which is the reason it wasn't actually showing up when I uploaded from my HD.