Migration News

tkam

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I humbly request some ads, preferably on the left side where they will take up a lot of space and annoy those who are using mobile devices.

It looks too clean and spacious now. Some flash junk on the top right, a strip below the control bar, etc. would also be good.

I'll see what I can do

This guy is a moderator here?!

Gaah, I'll have to be more careful who I insult elsewhere.

I humbly request some ads, preferably on the left side where they will take up a lot of space and annoy those who are using mobile devices.

It looks too clean and spacious now. Some flashy junk on the top right, a stripper below the control bar, etc. would also be good.

This guy is a moderator here?!

Gaah, I'll have to be more careful who I insult elsewhere.

Fixed that for you!

Very smooth transition. Thanks Tkam.

Show own posts, how do I do that? I stared at my own profile like an idiot, and didn't see an obvious way to do that? I tried to click on the statistics link to see if the posts were hidden there, but the stats function doesn't appear to work. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

Show own posts, how do I do that? I stared at my own profile like an idiot, and didn't see an obvious way to do that? I tried to click on the statistics link to see if the posts were hidden there, but the stats function doesn't appear to work. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

So what happens when you click the stats tab?

On SMF you could opt to get an e-mail notification for each post added to a thread that you subscribed to... is that possible here?

You sure can, user cp -> edit options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

You sure can, user cp -> edit options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

Unfortunately it looks like this software doesn't allow you to get a notification for every post updated since you read the thread, just the next post posted since you read the thread.

It's the same way on Head-Fi too with their vB software. Oh well. Other than that it looks great tkam....thanks for all your hard work, and my new custom title ;)

Wow, it looks great, was really surprised when I logged in. The former layout of HeadCase took me a while to get used to but I liked it in the end as it had some features I liked over Head-Fi. I miss the field on the right where it showed the last posts now.

But what a very smooth transition indeed, must have been quite some work.

Todd...

It seems as though a lot of newcomers aren't finding older threads because of the forum default of showing posts from the last month only. Can the forum default be set to show threads from the beginning? Might make browsing/lurking/learning easier for newcomers to find.

Todd...

It seems as though a lot of newcomers aren't finding older threads because of the forum default of showing posts from the last month only. Can the forum default be set to show threads from the beginning? Might make browsing/lurking/learning easier for newcomers to find.

Good idea, just changed it to show all from the beginning.