n_maher, so how is it with your new bundle of joy?

JimP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it goes pretty well. We have our good nights and bad nights, last night being a pretty bad one as far as sleep goes for mom and dad. :) And sorry about the lack of pictures, on thursday Windows Update decided to nuke my laptop requiring a complete reinstall. Yay, I had plenty of time to do that.

Anyway, as a result I haven't uploaded much but here's a pic of lily and dad, when she was just over an hour old.

98659509.jpg

I'll upload some more later and add them here or somewhere else.

I thought this thread was going to be about the Menace.

Speaking of which, I now figured out why you had a deadline after CanJam to finish that thing, and why you've eschewed taking on more projects -- it's until you have a better idea how to manage your time, which I find very responsible.

I usually keep my trap shut WRT children, but since I crapped this thread, I will say: I am thinking happy healthy thoughts in your general direction.

Congratulations Nate! All I can say is the importance of sleep really is over emphasized. Soon you will be able to train yourself to get by on two and three hours of sleep and learn to function on interrupted sleep, the body and mind adapts very well. Besides you will have plenty of time to sleep when you are retired so enjoy her while you can still tell her what to do.

Nate, she is beautiful! Who would have thought that Vince Vaughn would be so cute as a chick. :) Sorry I missed all the excitement. Hopefully you got my phone message from Key West. Once we left there I didn't have any internet or phone service. I'm not sure there was a happier days in my life than when my children were born. Pay close attention because before you know it, you will be driving her to college (June 25 for me). Oh yeah, you will have incoming this week. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind congrats. I'm sure that the sleepless nights, regardless of how long they go on will morph into nothing more than a funny story that we tell her some day much later in life.

And Mike, yes, I got the call and thanks. I hope you had a good vacation and I trust that it was much different that the week off that I just took. ;D

I'm going to fail tonight on the more pictures front, mostly because we had family over for dinner and things got way to busy. I've just put the little one down for what I hope will be a good long nap while mom gets some sleep but if last night and today are any indicator (which historically speaking, they may or may not be) she'll only be down for 10 minutes or so before she wants to be held again.

it goes pretty well. We have our good nights and bad nights, last night being a pretty bad one as far as sleep goes for mom and dad. :) And sorry about the lack of pictures, on thursday Windows Update decided to nuke my laptop requiring a complete reinstall. Yay, I had plenty of time to do that.

Anyway, as a result I haven't uploaded much but here's a pic of lily and dad, when she was just over an hour old.

I'll upload some more later and add them here or somewhere else.

What a cute pic and a beautiful baby :). It'll get easier as far as more sleep for you and the wife.

Sorry to hear about your laptop. What update screwed it up? Was it SP3? Microsoft this week released an update to put on before you install SP3. I like how the send out a patch to patch their Service Pack after they had released it for over a month ::)