Verizon FiOS

I'm in the same boat. My girlfriend's finishing up her Master's next year and depending on where she works is where we'll live. I still live at home, but I pay my parents a decent amount for rent.

Oh hell no. If my parents charged me rent, I'd be out lickety split.

Grawk: My parents let me do my thing, so I don't have a real problem with being home.

I guess I could move out now, but that would mean no savings. I figure:

I knwo my g/f (fiance in about 4 months) and I will be living together when she finishes her masters next may. I don't know where she is working yet. So I might as well wait so we can pick a place together. That leaves me with a year to kill to either a) get my own place, or B) save half my pay. Saving seems to make sense to me.

I'm just bragging. I moved back in for the last year before I married, too. And for the same reason.

My parents and I get along a lot better from a distance :)
Me, too.

I joke about our family: basically, my one sister moved as far away as she could -- the other side of the world; my other sister moved as far away as she could, but stayed in the country -- California; I'm the only one who hasn't gone that route yet -- perhaps I should start training to be an astronaut?

Oh hell no. If my parents charged me rent, I'd be out lickety split.

Grawk: My parents let me do my thing, so I don't have a real problem with being home.

It'll eventually come back to me, that and it's still cheaper than living out on my own. I like coming home to dinner. =t

Fios is for suckers.

Sup Paxio with symmetric upload and download rates.

PAXIO Inc.

I pay 78 a month for an unlimited long distance (In north america) voice and 30 megabit upload/download package. I split the cost with my roomate.

FiOS is for people who live on the east coast and don't have shit like that available.

Dude, 25, get out the house man!

I got very, very close twice. I'm basically playing a game with myself; see how long I can hold out, and get a bunch of spending money/build up savings before moving out.

I've been pretty good at the spending part, but need to ramp up the savings part. :palm:

I'd like to get an apartment as close to work as possible, and maybe get rid of my car, but the price is unreal. Plus the one guy I had planned to room with two years ago already moved out, so I'd be paying 100%. I'd hardly be able to buy any music, and thats just not going to cut it. Hopefully I'll get another 10% raise at the job in January, and get a bit more of a cushion. They gave me a 10% raise after 3 months, which was this past January, and I'm told they pretty much always give out at least a cost-of-living raise that time of year.

• 3 weeks later...
Fios is for suckers.

Sup Paxio with symmetric upload and download rates.

PAXIO Inc.

I pay 78 a month for an unlimited long distance (In north america) voice and 30 megabit upload/download package. I split the cost with my roomate.

Nice, really good price for 20mb package. I get 8/2 or sometimes 10/2 with optimum online.

FiOS is for people who live on the east coast and don't have shit like that available.

To be fair that kind of thing isn't widely available on the west coast either. They basically only do new built condo/apartment complexes and are an extremely small company that really could fold at any time, but I try not to think about that.