KGSS on AudiogoN

slwiser

It is all relative there as well. A classic example is the older Museatex DACs. They usually sell for quite a bit more than what their SRP was.

Any discontinued, desired, item will reflect the true demand/availability in any market at the given time.

yeah, did you see that bidat that is/was on Audiogon.. $5.5k? crap...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here as guzziguy mentioned. I found it deceiving that he used multiple accounts to talk up his product, and bid against others to attempt to raise the price. Right now there is a HP-2 on sell on Ebay that he is selling and now the highest bidder is someone that has no feedback. That just looks fishy since we know his pattern. But as others have mentioned I'm sure if you do purchase something from him it should be okay. Good luck on whatever you decide slwiser :)

i contacted him about local pick-up since his location is indicated as Westminster, which is pretty close to where i live. he promptly responded and said yes, but he also said he's heading up north to Berkley (to go back to school) tomorrow. he tried to sell me on another HP2 with the reference cable for $1650 and the HP1 for $1900 outside of ebay. he gave me two addresses, his cousin's in Westminster as that is his "permanent address" and where he's currently living, sharing a house in Garden Grove.

he mentioned he would like to get $1750 for the one on ebay. if you think he's shilling, it would hurt to report him since at least ebay will look into it.

After several emails back and forth to the owner, we may have an agreement. This will go well with the SR-007MkII.

Now what Stax and other stuff that I have that are no longer needed? Things to sell. I hope others don't wonder about my buying and selling a lot of stuff lately getting to this point in my Stax experience.

yup. There is a single bidat I would pay that for, but I know the modder and he's my hero, so there....

you mean a different modder than John Wright? I thought his were the "ultimate" and legitimate mods since he helped build the beasts.....I have communicated with him and he seems a really cool guy, btw.

you mean a different modder than John Wright? I thought his were the "ultimate" and legitimate mods since he helped build the beasts.....I have communicated with him and he seems a really cool guy, btw.

yeah, Peter Daniel owner of The Audio Zone:

index

His reference DAC is a modified bidat. Lots about it at diyaudio.

same with me and John. He basically told me how to do all the mods to a few of their products. Great guy!

I wonder if there is any way to fold those Black Gates into the existing cabinet or get a slightly larger one that will hold everything? And how much effort that would be?

KGSS-DX_Front.jpg

Below is a link to some more pics of another DX (* Justin, if you want me to remove the link, let me know and I'll do that ASAP).

Custom KGSS Electrostatic Amplifier