Deals

Dusty Chalk

Koss Custom Fit Noise Isolating Earbuds - $10 + $5 shipping - woot.com Today only.

Not a really exciting deal for purposes of most of us here, but I'm mentioning it since Koss is topical these days. Not that purchasing these is likely to do them much good, since this seems to be a discontinued model that has been remaindered other places as well.

Koss Custom Fit Noise Isolating Earbuds - $10 + $5 shipping - woot.com Today only.

Not a really exciting deal for purposes of most of us here, but I'm mentioning it since Koss is topical these days. Not that purchasing these is likely to do them much good, since this seems to be a discontinued model that has been remaindered other places as well.

Great Gift idea for the aural'ly disadvantaged.

Planet Earth BBC Edition (better version in my opinion) in Blu-Ray + a $5 gift card $29.99 from the discovery store.

The Blu-Ray is $24.99 by itself. You can add in the gift card or some of the other cheap filler items to bring it over $25 and get free shipping. Maybe someone could post up their gift card to help out others on the deal (IE, they could use the gift card you purchased to buy a $5 gift card and get free shipping and then give you their $5 gift card they received to make it even). I have this on Blu-Ray and consider it a must-have.

Planet Earth Blu-ray + $5 Gift Card $29 - SlickDeals.net Forums

Todd is posting deals in his Sponsor Forum on HF in a thread called Items of Interest. He has two different discounted 307A amps, one of the greatest headphone amps evar. One is his demo that comes with a Pelican case and extra toobs, and the other is a brand new one that got a scratch on top behind the tranny. He also has up a Manley Stingray for $1700, and he just added a VPI Scout with choice of 3 carts for $2200. These are nice deals, and I think more will follow.

I've been watching that thread closely. Looks like good stuff to be had. As for the Stingray, I generally love the way Manley gear looks, but I can't stand the way the Stingray looks. Am I weird?

No, I have felt the same way about the Stingray. I really like the look of the Preamplifiers. God I've been drooling over the Wave :palm:

I've been watching that thread closely. Looks like good stuff to be had. As for the Stingray, I generally love the way Manley gear looks, but I can't stand the way the Stingray looks. Am I weird?
No, the weird ones are the ones who like it.

(looks around guiltily; whistles)

Oh, and damn, I just won the lottery, what can I get for $5?!?!?

(waits for, "a cookie and tree-fiddy change" response)