Deals

Dusty Chalk

Ha. You guys convinced me to buy one. Left the Squeezebox side a few years ago and pretty entrenched in the Apple camp, but thought a USB drive+SB Touch+JH3A-JH16 combo might make a good small bedside high res setup (don't currently have a way to play above 16bits). Worst case it will be an internet radio streamer.

I got the same message. Assume it means a future email. Hope it means a future email.

Edited by blessingx

Ha. You guys convinced me to buy one. Left the Squeezebox side a few years ago and pretty entrenched in the Apple camp, but thought a USB drive+SB Touch+JH3A-JH16 combo might make a good small bedside high res setup (don't currently have a way to play above 16bits). Worst case it will be an internet radio streamer.

I got the same message. Assume it means a future email. Hope it means a future email.

Wait, SB Touch can bypass computer completely? Sorry, I haven't kept up with them of late.

Wait, SB Touch can bypass computer completely? Sorry, I haven't kept up with them of late.

Yeah the touch as a USB port you can just plug a hard drive into.

Got my order confirmation! I really think the Touch will be the easiest way to play hi-rez files.

Outlaw has a pretty crazy promotion going on right now...

Over the past few months we have been getting numerous inquiries regarding the availability of the Model 990 surround processor. As those who own the Model 990 know, it offers amazing stereo and home theater performance and remains one of the best sounding processors in the industry. Unfortunately, our inventory of these processors is completely gone.

It's no secret that the Outlaw Model 990 was based on the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 surround processor and its receiver cousin, the R-965. While the Model 990 had Outlaw-specific features such as our own proprietary menu system, DVI switching and balanced outputs, it would not have achieved its lasting success without a great starting point: the outstanding sonic quality that these products share. In the case of the R-965 the audio may be output through either the internal power amplifier or via discrete Analog Devices DACs to a full set of 7.2 channel preamp outputs.

The Sherwood Newcastle R-965 AV Receiver

That makes it a great companion to our Made-In-America, Outlaw Audio power amplifiers. The R-965 entered the market at $1,995, and when it was discontinued, new, A-stock units sold for well over $1,200. They are still being offered at that price today. However, since the Outlaws are committed to delivering the very best values in home theater we have created a unique opportunity to combine the Sherwood Newcastle Model R-965 receiver with our multichannel power amplifiers in an unprecedented offer:

* Purchase any of our 200 watt per channel amplifiers, (Model 7200, Model 7500, and Model 7700) or the 300 watt per channel Model 7900 and we'll send you the R-965 for FREE!!!

* Looking for an amp upgrade with slightly lower power? Purchase the 7x125 watt per channel Model 7125 and you can add a R-965 for only $99 more.

* On a tight budget? Purchase the 7x75 Model 7075 and the R-965 is yours for only $199 more.

These are brand new, A-stock units with the latest software, and they carry Sherwood's three-year parts and labor factory warranty. This is your last chance to own a processing product built on this award winning platform.

If you are looking for a great receiver for your office or bedroom while upgrading the amplifier in your main room system, or just upgrading both from an older processor while taking advantage of the performance increase of an Outlaw multi-channel amplifier, this is a deal that won't come around again. When these Newcastle R-965's are gone, they are REALLY gone.

This offer is only available while our limited supply of these receivers lasts, and we don't expect them to be around for very long. If you are ordering any of our multichannel amps and would like to receive an R-965, please check the appropriate box in the shopping cart to add an R-965, as you will need to pay the added freight.

This incredible "free receiver" offer proves once again that at Outlaw Audio, "The best values in Home Theater are just a mouse click away.™"

Predictably their website is super flaky right now but I must admit to being very tempted. Alas, the stack would not fit in my rack. :(

Outlaw has a pretty crazy promotion going on right now...

Predictably their website is super flaky right now but I must admit to being very tempted. Alas, the stack would not fit in my rack. :(

Looks like a decent receiver, but I imagine the reason they're giving them away with other purchases is it's pretty dated by todays standards.