Deals

Dusty Chalk

I just got an email from Music Direct saying the Perfect Wave DAC B-stock is $1999. Does that qualify as a good deal?

That's bit more than the going rate on A'gon, though the B-stock items probably comes with warranty (assuming, of course, the warranty doesn't transfer to 2nd owner).

Is this Stuhrling skeleton watch deal any good?

Watch Daily Deal, Watch Deal a Day Site

ShopNBC sells it (or did sell it, or will sell it, I don't know) for ~$100, which means sale price will be about 80, so it's on the good side, but not a steal. Get it if you want it, but don't get it because you think it's 89% off -- they never sell for full MSRP.

ShopNBC sells it (or did sell it, or will sell it, I don't know) for ~$100, which means sale price will be about 80, so it's on the good side, but not a steal. Get it if you want it, but don't get it because you think it's 89% off -- they never sell for full MSRP.

Thanks guys. I've been thinking about an Invicta Chronograph (multiple dials) when I saw this for a similar price. So, I have to decide soon.

Those are rather two disparate watches (I'm assuming whichever Invicta you're looking at is not a skeleton). If you are interested in skeletons, might I recommend leaning towards Android. I'm very fond of my few Androids, and they have some very cool skeleton designs (e.g. the Prism, the Mystique, etc.). And tend to be cheaper than either Invicta, Renato, and Stuhrling.

But you should also watch out for the upcoming Invicta (I forget its name...Divemaster?) -- instead of the rotator being visible on the back (as they usually are on skeletons, or any automatics with exhibition backs), there's a submarine propellor.

Free extra 250MB with a DropBox account

Came across this recently and thought you guys might be interested. 2GB of free cloud storage which you can access from any computer (for the most part) and there are even iPhone, iPad and Android apps out (with Blackberry coming soon, for the 2 people here that still have blackberries). The link above will start you out with 250MB extra for free (there are a couple tiers of paid options to allow more).

One nice thing is the ability to share files with people (I imagine you send them a link or password to the folder).

Could be a way to squeeze a few more albums/videos/pictures out of your iPhone, possibly. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, for everyone who uses that link, we each get 250MB extra space. So if you do it, you start with 2.25, and I get 250MB more. Then you send it to other people, get more MBs... mmmm... more MBs. There is an 8GB limit to the free stuff, so if you have 32 friends, BAM, 10 free gigs in a DropBox account.

**BRENT**

Dropbox is, in fact, so much better than it seems. Any program that accesses a fixed library can easily access that library stored in dropbox, which means automatic syncing of application data between multiple systems. It's only 2gb, so don't go storing videos on it, but for notes, reader data, document libraries, etc. it's much more than just a cloud storage location. It maintains a persistent address across multiple systems, which is impressive.

In simple terms, that means that not only can you easily browse through files in multiple places, but you can have multiple computers work on and change the same set of data from anywhere instantaneously. Fun stuff.

Validation. I like it.

Also, it seems I am now up to two friends, as I had a litttle bubble pop up saying I've been bumped up to 2.8 GB of storage. :)

**BRENT**

I clicked it on facebook. Up to 2.25 myself. I used to use yahoo briefcase in the 90s and was extremely useful when I used to randomly work on computers for storing software tools. This seems much better.

Dropbox is, in fact, so much better than it seems. Any program that accesses a fixed library can easily access that library stored in dropbox, which means automatic syncing of application data between multiple systems. It's only 2gb, so don't go storing videos on it, but for notes, reader data, document libraries, etc. it's much more than just a cloud storage location. It maintains a persistent address across multiple systems, which is impressive.

In simple terms, that means that not only can you easily browse through files in multiple places, but you can have multiple computers work on and change the same set of data from anywhere instantaneously. Fun stuff.

^ What he said.

I guess "cloud storage" was kind of a light description. Quick question, though... with it syncing across multiple devices (including phones), is that data automatically synced even to you phone? Say if you put some music in there from the desktop, does the phone client (along with all desktop clients) automatically grab it, or what? I'm mainly wondering about the phone app right now.

**BRENT**