Deals

Dusty Chalk

I always found Rockports had the most comfortable soles for me

Since we're on a shoe tear...

I quit wearing Rockports a long while back because I felt their Quality went down. I started wearing Ecco. You should have a look there if you get a chance and Euro sizing and cut will work for you. They are what Rockport was 25 years ago, well, really better. You can find great sales on them, they are expensive off sale. They make really comfortable dress shoes that Rockport can only dream about. Their casual shoes are killer also.

If there's a problem, they support their product superbly.

I think I get 3-4 years out of a pair of Rockports. That is fine with me since I usually walk 2-4 miles every day indoors so I don't expect them to last forever.

I still have a few pairs of Rockports. They wear well, I like the Prowalkers I have. I have so many shoes, they last forever because I wear a different pair all the time.

Agreed on Allen Edmonds. My main basic black dress shoe is made by them; it's 11 years old and looks almost new, after three new soles and several times per week being worn. Their outlet store is in Port Washington, Wisconsin, so sometimes we drive by it while traveling, and I always have to stop.