Deals

Dusty Chalk

Damn, that's really bad luck. I've been using the same pair for almost two years --someone here will remember ;)-- and zero problems despite a daily basis use, wrapping the wire around the DAP. However I've developed the habit to place the cord over the ear instead of leaving it hanging, which might have helped to save them from death.

I figured the first time he just got a bad pair but I think I've sent them back for him may 4 times. They are probably sending back refurbished ones but still, it's like clockwork, 6 months, time for a new pair. I think he decided to try something different. I may keep the next pair. I liked them when I tried them at CJ '08.

They are very good but... I bought a pair for my law partner to use at the gym. I think we've sent them back 3 or 4 times. After 6 months one channel dies.

I had these for about a year and had no problems, then sold then to a friend who has had no trouble with them. I really liked them when I had them so I bought a pair again to carry around as a "backup" pair of IEMS when traveling (and to watch movies on the plane) to replace the ER6i I have been using (hubby "took" my ER4P since he finds them easier to use than the custom Westone ES5 I won for him at Canjam).

I didn't buy these discounted Image X-10 although I really liked them last time I owned them, because I have IEM coming out of the wazoo and I need another one like a hole in the head. Plus I need to put the $100 towards the SR-009 I ordered. Every little penny counts...

Congrat on the 009. However, if I ever see another post from you complaining about $ I'll ban you so fast your head will spin.

Congrat on the 009. However, if I ever see another post from you complaining about $ I'll ban you so fast your head will spin.

Win.

Not picking on Larry but that behavior pisses me off. Recently went riding with a guy on a $6k+ bike that was bitching about the $60 USA Cycling membership fee.....

Edited by Dreadhead

Tried to find a direct link but wasn't able to, however if you go here:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday-After-Thanksgiving-Sale/b/ref=nav_swm_bf2011_1126?ie=UTF8&node=384082011&pf_rd_p=1330612342&pf_rd_s=nav-sitewide-msg&pf_rd_t=4201&pf_rd_i=navbar-4201&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09SJBJMR9NMN0WJ09PFX

and change the filters to show all "upcoming" and change the category to "Electronics" it'll show up after four clicks on the right arrow

Sorry to be OT just a tad, but while I was looking at the Slickdeals thread about the upcoming HD600 deal, I found this gem regarding lossy vs. lossless:

"Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did." - agenesis (Post #23)

Edit: I see this is an often used quote from a while ago. Oh well. Funny anyway.

Edited by roadtonowhere08