Deals

Dusty Chalk

It looks like the HD600 are returning in about an hour and a half. Anyone know how much they were the first time around?

They are probably my favorite non-stupid expensive dynamic headphones.

Also Glenn Gould Goldberg Variations is coming up. That is a very nice set.

Besides a $200 Toshiba 8 gb Thrive, I haven't come across anything on amazon that is a must have for me.

Congrat on the 009. However, if I ever see another post from you complaining about $ I'll ban you so fast your head will spin.

Thanks for your concern about my finances. I've actually got some extra cash flow since I made my last car payment last week. Plus I'm selling some stuff soon to finish paying this off even faster. I might part with the HE-60 if I like these more, and might trim down to one great amp instead of a bunch of lesser ones, so that will help too. Collin actually thought that sounded like a good idea, to stop hoarding several mid-level rigs and just focus on one great dynamic, portable, and electrostatic rig.

it wasn't a concern about your finances, it was annoyance about your cycle of complain and spend. Do one, or the other, not both.

I left out the [sarcasm] ... [/sarcasm] in my first sentence. Thought that part was obvious.

The point is, he doesn't care to ask if my circumstances have changed to make this possible, it's just treat me like crap a little more.

seriously larry, he's not going for popularity. I'm your biggest supporter here, but you mention money in EVERY POST

That's not true. I just went back through all my posts made this past month (Nov). Prior to my post on 11/25 that started this brouhaha re: saving up every penny for the SR-009, only THREE out of my 50 previous posts mentioned money in any way, shape or form. Only one of them was a complaint.

"I picked up my son's 5 year old Macbook Pro after getting the cooling fans replaced. Sure is nice to not hear the fans rattling all the time anymore, just wish it wasn't $149 to get it done."

"...can't hurt to try BitPerfect at just $4.99"

"I came out of RMAF thinking the less costly LCD-3 was a bigger bang for the buck, I did think the SR-009 sounded a little more transparent and disappeared better than the LCD-3."

If I missed one or two I'm sorry, not trying to mislead you. I did talk about money with Deepak's MMG that I wanted back in October, but it was really the WAF that made the decision, not money.

That's not true. I just went back through all my posts made this past month (Nov). Prior to my post on 11/25 that started this brouhaha re: saving up every penny for the SR-009, only THREE out of my 50 previous posts mentioned money in any way, shape or form. Only one of them was a complaint.

Just curious, is this how you talk off-line?

Edited by blessingx

That's not true.

Larry,

I don't care if you mention money in every post, every 1 in 10 or 1 in 100. In the not so distant past I've heard you say the following (roughly):

1. I don't have enough $$ to buy the oxygen that I need to breathe.

2. I know the date when my $$ is going to run out and I don't have enough to live.

3. I have a KGSS in my bedroom rig.

4. I have ordered ~$5000 headphones.

So, if you want to buy $5000 headphones that's fine by me but I'm done suffering with your whining (obvious) bullshit about not having enough money. You have shitty priorities, period. If you need money to live here's a hint, headphones are not a requirement for life, sell some. Or don't and suffer. But shut up about it already. Most of the time I don't have an issue with you but holy fuck I'm at the end of my rope with you.

• Like 1