Deals

Dusty Chalk

Terraria is 75% off today ($2.50), in celebration of the 1.1 patch being released (the first new update in six months). I've mentioned this game before, it's basically a 2D Minecraft crossed with Metroid and Castlevania. I have logged more hours playing it than I care to admit (my Steam friends can attest to this. If I could, I'd buy it again and get a four pack so I could force it upon my friends. evilgrin0023.gif
  • Like 1

Terraria is 75% off today ($2.50), in celebration of the 1.1 patch being released (the first new update in six months). I've mentioned this game before, it's basically a 2D Minecraft crossed with Metroid and Castlevania. I have logged more hours playing it than I care to admit (my Steam friends can attest to this. If I could, I'd buy it again and get a four pack so I could force it upon my friends. evilgrin0023.gif

Done and Done! Looks fun, with a bit of soldat or liero element in it. :P

I knew it was like a 2d minecraft, but a 2d minecraft metroidvania? I think I just came a little.

After watching the SA LP I am in. How many people can play together?

Are you asking about Terraria? The MP in it is possible, but kind of a PITA. You have to set up a server and do a fair amount of tweaking. There are a number of public servers listed on reddit. I have only had experience with one. The userbase was ...kind of young.

I should also note that there's a Mac wrapper for singleplayer, which requires some futzing but works rather well. The wrapper developers are very active and keep up with the current Terraria.

Are you asking about Terraria? The MP in it is possible, but kind of a PITA. You have to set up a server and do a fair amount of tweaking. There are a number of public servers listed on reddit. I have only had experience with one. The userbase was ...kind of young.

I should also note that there's a Mac wrapper for singleplayer, which requires some futzing but works rather well. The wrapper developers are very active and keep up with the current Terraria.

Would you mind listing the IP for the server you play on? Maybe we can get a H-C gathering some weekend. Played a bit of the single player last night, muchos funos even on a trackpad

Would you mind listing the IP for the server you play on? Maybe we can get a H-C gathering some weekend. Played a bit of the single player last night, muchos funos even on a trackpad

The truth is I haven't played multiplayer Terraria in a while. I did do some online play when when 1.06 was new, but the server I used to play on it down. Once 1.1 becomes a bit more stable (I suspect 1.1.1 will be in the works soon) and the servers have a chance to catch up, I'll see about finding a new server to play on.