Deals

Dusty Chalk

On the phone with Lester @ NewEgg.....very nice, but not super helpful, doesn't seem to have visibility into the details of where things ship from and what exactly they are.

On hold, he is trying to contact other Customer Support people for more details.

EDIT: after a bit of a wait, he said others did have issues with the wrong item (he said 4 or 5 people, we must be the only ones ordering it! Riiiiiight.....)

Going to take my chances, better to have maybe a 50/50 chance to  get the deal than not try at all.

Edited by skullguise

My guess is your chance of receiving the NAS is 0%.  As Dusty or somebody said yesterday, they used the model number, which happens to the same for the two items from different manufacturers, and screwed up the add by putting the description of the Synology NAS drive with sale price for the stupid wall mount they actually were meaning to sell.  Weird, but it is the only thing that makes sense.  I doubt they even have any of the now-discontinued drives...

I, of course, also received a "Wall Mount".  They have emailed me both an RMA number and a shipping label.  I asked them when I would be refunded and also got told it would be after the unit had been received.  I said that since it was their error, it was unacceptable to make me pay for their mistake and they should refund the money as soon as they see that I've shipped it.  I was told that they had to follow their process.  I said that in that case I'd do a charge back as soon as I had shipped it.  He warned me that Newegg would  put a block on my account if I did that.  I pointed out that considering how Newegg handled this, I was putting a block on their website.

The poor customer support person tried hard to help me.  I was polite the entire time and told him that I understood he had to follow the process their.  I encourage him to feed back up his management change that they just lost a customer and why.  I also encouraged him to suggest a change in the RMA procedure when Newegg is at fault.

I think that Nate has almost 0 chance to get a "like kind" replacement.  I doubt that they have any DS508 units to sell and I'd be shocked if they send him a DS412.  I'll certainly wait to see if Newegg does send him one before shipping back my wall mount.

Bummer....oh, well, I think I'll do the escalation thing if I get a wall mount, and see if it gets me anywhere.....I can have a lot of fun escalating through multiple levels of management.

I think what especially would piss me off is that they brought it back "in stock" at the same price even after they realized they had an issue.  That would be a major escalation point for me....

I, of course, also received a "Wall Mount".  They have emailed me both an RMA number and a shipping label.  I asked them when I would be refunded and also got told it would be after the unit had been received.  I said that since it was their error, it was unacceptable to make me pay for their mistake and they should refund the money as soon as they see that I've shipped it.  I was told that they had to follow their process.  I said that in that case I'd do a charge back as soon as I had shipped it.  He warned me that Newegg would  put a block on my account if I did that.  I pointed out that considering how Newegg handled this, I was putting a block on their website.

this sounds almost like business to business customer service