Deals

Dusty Chalk

I downloaded it just in case I ever get the Mac Mini that I plan to eventually get.  It was hard, though, I see what you mean about getting the page to load.

NewEgg has WD Red 3TB for $131 on ShellShocker today only.

Also (same page) black case with red lights for $50 after rebate, a USB 3.0 flash drive 32G for $18, a mobo, and a Black&Decker coffeemaker for $14 (for $14, you have to use instant [kidding {maybe}]).

In case Newegg makes anyone uncomfortable, I think Amazon is also offering the WD Red 3TB for $130.99 today.

http://www.amazon.com/WD-Red-NAS-Hard-Drive/dp/B008JJLW4M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369873193&sr=1-1&keywords=western+digital+red

(Amazon prices fluctuate depending on stock, but as of this post, the price is at $130.99)

Sup Heads?

There are two new Humble Deals going on right now. First up is the Weekly Deal, which as of this writing can get you the lauded Walking Dead game for $4. Second is the Humble Indie Bundle 8, which includes a bunch of stuff that I can't be arsed to list.  Hi, Grahame!

Edited by Knuckledragger

Hmm, in case anyone is interested in a 8-bay NAS:

It appears Newegg now has a deal for the Synology DS1812+ (last year's model) since the Synology DS1813+ was announced/released three days ago.

The DS1812+ is going for $899 ($999 before) after coupon code listed on the page:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-TechBargains&cm_mmc=AFC-TechBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16822108097

Not too much in terms of savings, but I haven't seen Synology products on sale frequently.

I think the main differences between the new DS1813+ and old DS1812+ are: quad-ethernet ports (versus dual), on-board 2GB RAM (versus 1GB), different looking enclosure (??).  Not sure what else is different.

A lot of people were hoping the DS1813+ would have this year's new Intel chipset, but appears Synology kept the same CPU as last year's.

Some of the newer Intel CPUs have hardware accelerated volume encryption.  The D2700 in the DS1813+/DS1812+ does not.

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, the MSRP on the new DS1813+ is $1099.

Edited by Nanoha

Disc 1: The Twelve Chairs
Disc 2: Blazing Saddles
Disc 3: Young Frankenstein
Disc 4: Silent Movie
Disc 5: High Anxiety
Disc 6: History of the World - Part 1
Disc 7: To Be or Not to Be
Disc 8: Spaceballs
Disc 9: Robin Hood: Men in Tights

List of movies in case anyone was interested as I was.