Deals

Dusty Chalk

The problem for me was that the a belkin dock requires me to use the one available thunderbolt port for my video and I would rather use it for an external thunderbolt SSD that also has a passthrough. Finding a reasonably priced thunderbolt monitor with passthrough is pretty much impossible. I only care about my current machine not a theoretical future one.

Edited by morphsci

I know it's not quite the same, but on my early 2011 15" MBP w/ better GPU, there's a noticeable lag on external monitor compared to MBP's LCD when making adjustments in LR. Dual screen setup, 8gb ram, LR catalogue on SSD with image files on internal HDD (in optical bay). The external monitor is connected via TB to DVI cable. Not sure if the lag will still be noticeable if I set it up to just use the external monitor.

Dang it. Just found out the new $630 dell 28" 4k screen is not IPS, but a TN display. Guess I have to wait longer for IPS to get below $1000. Got excited too quickly :(

Here it is in case anyone is interested. Not good for gaming for graphic work. 4k resolution is available only at 30Hz. 

http://www.geek.com/deals-2/geek-deals-630-for-dell-p2815q-28-inch-4k-monitor-1582990/

Edited by crappyjones123

The problem for me was that the a belkin dock requires me to use the one available thunderbolt port for my video and I would rather use it for an external thunderbolt SSD that also has a passthrough.

I'd rather get Caldigit one as it has better spec/support on its USB3 ports.

Those are both great points. I guess it really depends on your situation and what adapters you're willing to deal with.

Just a note on the Caldigit and displays...

Can I use multiple monitors with my Thunderbolt Station?

Yes, the Thunderbolt Station can support two monitors if one of them is an Apple Thunderbolt Display. You cannot use a monitor with a mini display port to DVI/VGA/HDMI adapter while using the HDMI port on the device for a multiple display configuration because only the first display that is detected will function.

For example

1. Thunderbolt Monitor and HDMI Monitor - Yes

2. Mini-Display Port Monitor and HDMI Monitor - No

3. Mini-display port adapter to DVI Monitor and HDMI monitor - No

4. Thunderbolt Display and HDMI adapter to DVI Monitor - Yes

Edited by blessingx

95P_2.jpg

SousVide Supreme has Sous Vide Supreme Demi Immersion Circulator (2.3 Gallon) (Black or Red) for $320 - $130 with coupon code DEMIFOR199 = $199 + free shipping

Offer ends 2/9.

Via: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/113530/sousvide-supreme---sous-vide-supreme-demi-immersion-circulator

Interesting Comments in Comments thread 

e.g. Must be feeling heat from the Anova and the new wave of $200 immersion circulators.

What say you Colin?

I'd get the anova or sansaire circulators at this point. Faster heating, more flexible container sizes, and greater precision for temperature.

If you had to pick one, which would it be.  It looks like the Sansaire is significantly less money but available for pre-order as the first batch is sold out.  I can wait, so if the two are considered equal, I would go with the one which is more than $200 less.  Thanks.

SVS PB12-NSD and SB12-NSD President's Day sale.  They're discontinuing them?  Dagnabit...can't buy them right now, I have the money, but I just bought the one frivolous thing I allowed myself with it.  Dagnabit...

i've had the cyclinder version of the PB12-NSD (few models back, same deal) for like 5-6 years. Still going strong, great budget sub.

I see Todd has started carrying Vivid speakers. The big ones get pretty spendy but I gotta say that $3390 for the V1s is a great deal on the best desktop speakers I've yet had the pleasure of hearing. Put them on stands in free air and they could easily pummel a medium-sized room into submission, too.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/category_s/1963.htm

SVS PB12-NSD and SB12-NSD President's Day sale.  They're discontinuing them?  Dagnabit...can't buy them right now, I have the money, but I just bought the one frivolous thing I allowed myself with it.  Dagnabit...

Dang, bad timing.  I have had my PB12 (the older down firing one) for a bunch of years now and it has served me well.  The fun I could have with an Ultra.  Drool.

Whenever your funds permit, SVS makes a great product, although the departure of that ported box sku does make a bit of a hole in their lineup considering getting a 12 inch sub is now 200 bucks more than before.  More amp headroom, but still...