Deals

Dusty Chalk

I don't remember what it was. But cowboom will rotate list all day as soon as stock sells out on the current item.

EDIT: I didn't get one of the chromebooks, hence why I don't remember what it was. Posted it thinking it was an all day thing and just found out about the rotation.

Edited by screaming oranges

There is no way a Pixel will be 135$, but the Samsung one is pretty decent for light surfing. It doesn't play video too well, but it can do a lot. It runs off a fast ARM processor, but it is a 1.5 year old machine.

I think a Pixel would be an amazing machine and would easily have that as my primary computer.

Now I want to fix my CR-48 <3

**BRENT**

I think a Pixel would be an amazing machine and would easily have that as my primary computer.

I've had my Pixel for about a year, and I really love it. Best web browsing experience ever. The screen is so awesome, everything is lightening fast.

I definitely recognize the absurdity of the machine, and the fact that beyond web browsing there isn't much else you can do with it. But it is really, really awesome for web browsing.

• Like 1

Logitech UE 4000 headphones for $30 or so depending on color.

"episiarch you moron, why is this even worth mentioning on Head-Case?"

- Because this is the ONE headphone that I have succeeded in getting more than one coworker to upgrade to from whatever crappy POS junk headphone they were using before, that's why.  IIRC I think I've converted about six people, and they're all really happy with it. And I have therefore raised the general musical enjoyment and headphone taste level of the office by some useful amount.

"so you're saying it's actually good, or semi-good, or something?"

- Yeah. It's a basic compact (but nonfolding) on-ear design, built to sell for around $100 I think, and IMO it's really enjoyable: a little warmly colored, not bassy/boomy, just a nicely voiced musicality. Runs fine unamped from portable sources. Mic and Apple-compatible volume & play/pause buttons on the cord. Cord is detachable and terminates to a mini at the headphone end, so one of the guys at work stuck a Bluetooth gizmo in the jack and now it's his wireless headphone.

"so what's it good for?"

- For getting people who won't spend the money for a proper Head-case headphone to buy something that isn't a complete embarrassment. Or if you or your kids need a basic but decent beater headphone. Or if you need a $30 miniplug cable with a mic and Apple vol/play/pause controls on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-982-000072-4000-Headphones-Discontinued/dp/B0094S360U

uetit.jpg

Edited by episiarch
  • Like 1

To continue the cheap audio gear trend, sansa clip zip for $20 shipped at best buy. The clip on my clip+ broke after a few years of running, tossing it in luggage and general abuse, so I just picked one up. Available in black, blue, and red.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3029051&st=SanDisk%20-%20Sansa%20Clip%20Zip%204GB*%20MP3%20Player%20-%20&cp=1&lp=1&pid=1218373620544

• Like 1

Logitech UE 4000 headphones for $30 or so depending on color....

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-982-000072-4000-Headphones-Discontinued/dp/B0094S360U

uetit.jpg

Thanks for the tip!  I bought these for Mary since her new position at the hospital involves a lot of teleconferencing but health care being what it is and the cost of real estate on the west side of LA,  everyone is housed in cubicles. 

Edited by Augsburger

Logitech UE 4000 headphones for $30 or so depending on color.

"episiarch you moron, why is this even worth mentioning on Head-Case?"

- Because this is the ONE headphone that I have succeeded in getting more than one coworker to upgrade to from whatever crappy POS junk headphone they were using before, that's why.  IIRC I think I've converted about six people, and they're all really happy with it. And I have therefore raised the general musical enjoyment and headphone taste level of the office by some useful amount.

"so you're saying it's actually good, or semi-good, or something?"

- Yeah. It's a basic compact (but nonfolding) on-ear design, built to sell for around $100 I think, and IMO it's really enjoyable: a little warmly colored, not bassy/boomy, just a nicely voiced musicality. Runs fine unamped from portable sources. Mic and Apple-compatible volume & play/pause buttons on the cord. Cord is detachable and terminates to a mini at the headphone end, so one of the guys at work stuck a Bluetooth gizmo in the jack and now it's his wireless headphone.

"so what's it good for?"

- For getting people who won't spend the money for a proper Head-case headphone to buy something that isn't a complete embarrassment. Or if you or your kids need a basic but decent beater headphone. Or if you need a $30 miniplug cable with a mic and Apple vol/play/pause controls on it.

uetit.jpg

Bought a purple set for my daughter, and then a black pair as an extra mainly because we needed a mic cable with volume control (3-button) that's better than the $8 one on amazon (for a ski helmet headset).  V-MODA is out of those cables until the end of the year!

The isolation is actually fairly good and the sound is okay I guess.  It's a little dark and warm sounding, lacking sparkle in the highs, but it's not entirely dull or devoid of detail.  But they're no HD-25 or M-80 for sure.

• Like 1