Deals

Dusty Chalk

• 1 month later...

RTIC is having a huge 33% off sale. Down to mostly Stainless Steel stuff now, but under 7$ for 30oz tumblers, the 64oz bottles for under 14$. Crazy prices.

30 pack of 30oz tumblers for 181$ (for those of you with stupidly large families/small businesses.)

Free shipping over 35$, otherwise 7$, so definitely worth just getting another cup to have around. From what I understand, you should get the 2$ spillproof lids as well.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10017344-rtic-sale-10oz-lowball-6-18oz-bottle-6-70-30oz-tumbler-6-70-more-free-s-h-on-35

**BRENT**

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For all of the woodworkers out there, today is Woodcraft's $5.00 router bit sale. It's today only and it seems to be limited to round-over bits. Still, I have bought their Woodriver bits every time they've been on sale for $5.00 and they are good quality. Once upon a time, they would put all of the Woodriver bits on sale and I bought two of every bit. Anywho, good deal on good bits. You can't have too many router bits!

https://www.woodcraft.com/pages/mega-deal?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=CLICK+HERE+TO+GET+YOUR+$5+BITS&utm_content=Round+Over+MEGA+8-14&utm_campaign=08/14/2017&_bta_tid=08148749985476418981254995224204604707964626270302431069479654784759418504708232644223065465917156875783&_bta_c=1orlanck4v3prc9amdtna9pz5xqca

DC,

I can only offer my experience with the UERM CIEM's I have owned for a few years now.  Mine are an older model with only a couple of armatures vs the three armatures provided with this UE product.

What i can tell you is when they state reference monitor, they mean reference monitor.  Very neutral IMO.  So just be sure you're good with that....it is your preference.

I think UE are good to deal with.  Massdrop....meh.  

Stating the obvious, but the quality of the mold making is critical to your comfort.  Don't let them get too creative with filling in gaps for hair in the ear, etc... unless they're really good.

Best of luck.

HS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HemiSam said:

DC,

I can only offer my experience with the UERM CIEM's I have owned for a few years now.  Mine are an older model with only a couple of armatures vs the three armatures provided with this UE product.

What i can tell you is when they state reference monitor, they mean reference monitor.  Very neutral IMO.  So just be sure you're good with that....it is your preference.

I think UE are good to deal with.  Massdrop....meh.  

Stating the obvious, but the quality of the mold making is critical to your comfort.  Don't let them get too creative with filling in gaps for hair in the ear, etc... unless they're really good.

Best of luck.

HS

Yeah, I've heard good things about Ultimate Ears (Inner Fidelity), but wasn't sure if this was a good price.

Zebrawood is, of course, beautiful.

29 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, I've heard good things about Ultimate Ears (Inner Fidelity), but wasn't sure if this was a good price.

Zebrawood is, of course, beautiful.

I think it's a pretty good deal.  A hundred more than I paid and you get the Zebrawood and add'l armature.  Obviously you have to add in the add'l cost and hassle from the molds and mailing. Note Massdrop is slooooow..  I'd also consider how often you'll utilize them.  I use mine mostly for travel.  They seal pretty well and are easy to carry so I find them convenient.

Best of luck with the decision.  I expect they'll be some good deals coming up in November so if there's something else you know you'd prefer, I'd hold out for them.

HS

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcpoor said:

The original UERM was a triple armature design as well.

You are correct.  Here is an excerpt from my purchase from 2014 and a picture of when I received them.

"Developed in tandem with the engineers at Capitol Studios, these reference monitors combine the Ultimate Ears Pro signature sound with a flat frequency response curve ideal for recording, mixing, and mastering. Thanks to the noise isolating construction and three balanced armature drivers, the outside environment never intrudes and the presentation is always upfront and powerful. As passive crossover technology tunes and separates the specific frequencies, you get clarity and detail across authentic highs, clean mids, and visceral lows."

And an excerpt related to the sale with some specifics on pricing, etc...

"Note: Ultimate Ears is offering an exclusive Black Friday special to our members for an additional $50 off the lowest drop price, bringing it down to $699.99. This promotion will be effective November 28 at 12AM PST until the drop ends.

To individualize the UE Pro IEM to your ears, you will need to visit an audiologist for ear impressions. Visit the UE Pro preferred audiologist map to find one near you. We will contact you after the drop to coordinate sending the impressions to the manufacturer. You are responsible for the shipping of impressions to Massdrop."

My bad.

HS

Attachment-1.jpeg

But that doesn't cost anything with ublock origin. [emoji185]

Indeed. But other use cases exist. What about watching youtube on another non browser based device (think phone, tablet, smart tv, Apple TV, Nvidia shield, visiting someone without unlock installed, etc)?, or where casting is not an option.

• Like 1