Deals

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using their Mic+ most of the time. Suspect the MiC 48k for Mac sounds pretty similar. Refurbs on sale at the moment. $199 for $49. 

https://apogeedigital.com/shop/apogee-mic-for-mac-factory-refurbished?utm_source=Apogee+Registered+Customers&utm_campaign=9459077d9f-sio-soundgrid-availability-press-release_COPY_01&utm_medium=email

7 hours ago, blessingx said:

Using their Mic+ most of the time. Suspect the MiC 48k for Mac sounds pretty similar. Refurbs on sale at the moment. $199 for $49. 

https://apogeedigital.com/shop/apogee-mic-for-mac-factory-refurbished?utm_source=Apogee+Registered+Customers&utm_campaign=9459077d9f-sio-soundgrid-availability-press-release_COPY_01&utm_medium=email

Hmmmm... looks like a good idea for upgrading the audio on mobile Zoom events

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Lapham’s Quarterly Collections sale. Jump back through the ages on minor subjects like war, time, death, happiness, eros, epidemics, etc. I have the Essentials Collection and it's great. I should read them some time. 

Use code LIBRARY at checkout

https://store.laphamsquarterly.us/collections/?campaign=JBALQB6 

Lapham_sQuarterlyTheScandalIssue_740x.jpg.5e7e46eb414ef72634b15c5c5d8e8368.jpg

Also while you're there, good posters... 

476.png

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Augsburger said:

I find it funny when speaker manufacturers advertise their speakers as "$XXX per speaker".  Who buys one speaker, V. van Gogh?

🤣

mono has a multitude of advantages over stereo, both in terms of economics and practicality:

mono is more "pure" than stereo.

for sessions recorded on tape full width mono had better signal to noise ratio than half track stereo.

you have more control over speaker placement,

you get no cross talk,

you can buy better sounding mono components for the same money as the stereo equivalents,

your interconnect and speaker cable costs are halved as is the cable clutter

almost all recordings before about 1958 are mono anyway,

you can store twice as much music on your harddisk/ssd as stereo, 

stereo recordings often had mono mixes - because at the introduction of stereo many studios where unsure of if stereo would be popular due to its higher cost, and of course, had much more experience recording with mono. Many of the mono mixes are better regarded and more sought after than the stereo mixes from the same sessions. e.g. the Beatles... (https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/editorials/ct-beatles-mono-mixes-lennon-edit-20141003-story.html)

do you critically listen and prefer music in 7.1 surround sound? no why because its artificial, complex and detracts from the music, its a gimmick.. then why listen in stereo,? Apply Occam's razor reduce to the simplest form use the original and best form... mono...

mono ©️ the way it was meant to be played

🙂

Edited by jamesmking
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Holly balls.  Anyone need a 27" 1440 165Hz FreeSync monitor?  BozosPenisRocketAndBridgeDemolition has got one for Prime members for $160.   It also does HDR, but I've yet to see HDR on a gaming monitor worth a crap.  I've got a notion to buy two of them and I ...don't have room for two.

• Like 1