β24: A discrete, cascoded, fully-differential power amplifier

n_maher

Will it blow up my cans?

I'd turn the volume all the way down when hooking them up, and I wouldn't leave them hooked up for some passer by to destroy.

Other than that you should be fine. I doubt you'll need much volume to drive them.

I'd turn the volume all the way down when hooking them up, and I wouldn't leave them hooked up for some passer by to destroy.

Other than that you should be fine. I doubt you'll need much volume to drive them.

Thanks Steve. That's a lot of watts, but I once had the K1000s hooked up to MBL mono blocks without any trouble.

This is definitely on my list of builds. I need to brush up on my Solidworks so I can have a case fitting for such an amp.

Hmmm monoblock or single chassis?

β24 Monoblocks would be crazy overkill, so of coarse that's what you should build. Two of those bad boys would be incredible!

I think mono blocks would probably be the easier of the two build options. I know that I'd need the extra room for the inevitable layout f-up that could derail an entire single-chassis build.

I think mono blocks would be harder. Since you have 2 channels on a single board, so you'll either have to use L brackets on each end and align that to the heat sinks on each side, or some weird single heat sink design. My experience is mounting directly on the heat sink is much easier to do, and less error prone.