Koss ESP/950 electrostat thread

deepak

I have a good feeling I'm going to like the ESP950. Now, how did you magically use your ESP950 with your 007t? If you built this cable, where did you get the parts? If you bought it from somebody, whom did you buy it from?

It is not my 950 but it has an adapter that was made by the previous owner of the cans. Maybe JP will post the info because I don't know it.

So wait, the $42 MB Quart headphones are better than the K1000 at anything? Sorry to be a price snob on this one, but puhleeese. :palm:

It is not my 950 but it has an adapter that was made by the previous owner of the cans. Maybe JP will post the info because I don't know it.

So wait, the $42 MB Quart headphones are better than the K1000 at anything? Sorry to be a price snob on this one, but puhleeese. :palm:

I think Reks bought one [MB Q] and then gave it away :D

Guest troymadison
I remember the whole Big Joe is more than enough amp for the K1000, but I cannot imagine that he is saying the G-Lite->MB Quart shit cans is better at anything than a K1000.

Hey, I'll go as far to say that the DIY sledgehammer cable I made was better than all the other cables I've tried for the K1000. And I have tried at least a few.

Guest troymadison
Now seems like a great time to buy an ESP950 if you use the pseudo-sketch 30% off anything at ebay m$ cashback.

Too bad I didn't use that discount when I bought my ESP950 system off ebay. But I bought a system for about $400 shipped so I think I got a decent price anyway. Now that I think about it, I might actually use the included amplifier for portable use when I walk my dog or something.

Guest troymadison
Garbage_In..._Garbage_Out-fktcjg-d.jpg

So, the 950 cable has 5 wires and the connectors have 5 pins, how many do you plan to use for this DIY effort?

Maybe all of them, maybe add a wire or two for fun. Who knows.

Guest troymadison

But this time, I'm going to be professional about this. I will use headshrink tubing and a temperature-controlled soldering iron. So maybe next time, you wont make fun of my DIY project as it would look GLORIOUS when it is finished!