Koss ESP/950 electrostat thread

deepak

You should just webserve your entire root drive. Then it would work. ;)

Hint: screen shot or something and use imageshack.us

Manaox2, Yes, thanks, but I will have to do it this evening as my wife knows how to do this.:confused: Sorry, I'm not real good at posting diagrams, pics, online, but will hopefully have the circuit posted after I get home tonight, so Spritzer can see what KG reccomended. I have it drawn and saved using the Tina Software.

You can also just upload the pictures to the site here. Just click the "insert picture" button but they have to be jpg, png or gif.

It's been a while since I looked at the exstata bias supply but adding another cap or two at the output could perhaps give you the filtering needed.

Extra resistors and the cap would surely help so it is worth a shot. You could also just copy what Koss did to the letter and see what happens.

Yes, I may experiment, but I no longer have this exact same bias supply in my KGSS, as I went back with an adjustable one. Also, gonna have to see if my phones will act up again, and if and when they do, I'm gonna try the extra 5M resistor in series for a 10M total and see if that helps. To see which bias circuit I'm using, just look at the eXStata bias circuit, which is what I'm currently using im both my stat amps. Will report back if I find anything.

Uh, Yes, To clear up the "huge cap" comments, those are actually 100nF or .1uF, same spec as the ones in the BH and KGSS bias circuits.:o This circuit, which was drawn over a year ago, was just to verify with KG whether I had the components in the right places to try the extra filtering. Again, it hasn't been used in quite some time, but did work just fine for testing purposes back then.

My damn ESP's were working fine again last night with bias set at 600V. So, I'm at a standstill and can't exacty experiment unless they start acting up again.

• 3 weeks later...

so after reading, joining and ignoring the swearing" I came to conclusions that I will go for a set of koss esp 950 electrostatic headphones. as I can get them new for 500.00 next will be the stax cover and stand and there cable for the top headphones they do to rewire. realising after being tired that we are looking at positive/negative x2 each plus 2 earths joint hence 5 pins. if its a six pin then all six cables are separate. as for the inside of the earspeakers once brought and run in for 500 hours, I will know the real sound and based on this I will see if I need to upgrade some of the parts as in membranes to better performance. if I do I would use parts from the omega range. yes if we spend a grand stax are the best simple but at the price I am getting the koss for and a little effort I believe these are hard to beat. driver heads are a different sound so its all personal choice. I think the last thing to mention would actually be my question within this link. once rewired then which energizer can these phones be used with in the stax range? I have also one more thing I may do and go for ariston silver headphone cables just released, as I intend to keep my units for good. so any positive thoughts on the energiser unit to run them let me know Jesus bless you all raju

ps: I have made a word document with every single bit of info I have come across on the subject of making the koss esp950 if you would like a copy email me on this thread with the email i can send you the doc to for free I don't mind.

Edited by praer4life
makeing my thread better in its wording

hi praer4life ,welcome to headcase. because of the koss esp950 setup through dac and setting with bias in which will affect another dac and the setting will become fixed. Thus this stats headphone will need another servicing that is why the cables will not tangled. For the E90, all you need is to wring and dry it for these setting and bias will not affect another dac in which will not be able to drive the earspeaker. Another issue is stax with e90 will not 404LE and O2, that will need to be rewired. I dont mind about swearing in which will serve you lunch and dinner where the songs will be ripped directly from the tonight show. I believe that anyone who owns HE60 or HE90 will have no switch to recable and increase the bias to another level which clarity will beat any dynamic headphone out there. Thank you

are we talking now ? Once again, welcome to headcase, hope you enjoy your stay here

• Like 1