Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

n_maher

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm with Nate -- they killed it with the time slot, and I'll have to admit to not being as in tune with it this season as with last. Here's to hoping the rest of the season makes it to DVD/Blu-Ray, at least.

Some of what I'm reading is that FOX still plans to air all 13 from this season since they're pretty much done taping up to Ep11.

That sucks, but I had heard it was in trouble ratings-wise. Doesn't help to leave it in that time slot, now with a couple of lame-ass shows prefacing it, unlike last year with Terminator leading off.

I don't think I ever watched Firefly, but noticed someone posted a link to BestBuy having the series DVD set for ungodly cheap... might just buy it.

Firefly was a great show, I just recently watched it again with my wife who'd never seen it.

On a side note, anyone else catch the Halloween episode of Castle where the intro has Nathan Fillion dressing up as his character on Firefly? That show is surprisingly good.

I did, I could definitely watch that show. Very smartly written. Shoutouts to two previous Whedon shows, an indie band, the Harry Potter, Saw, and Underworld franchises, all in like the first three minutes.

Plus, Nathan Fillion being terribly charismatic.

Oh, and Firefly fucking rocked.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I think that people had a difficult time seeing any redeeming qualities in the characters. The writers did demonstrate some consequences, but I think that the underlying idea of basically an expensive whorehouse is difficult to reconcile for most viewers, especially without the reasonable expectation of a money shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...