Will there be a 45th anniversary A-T Woodie? A Poll for Fun.

Nanoha

What will be the model number of 45th anniversary A-T woodie? (Or if you prefer, which is the coole  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the model number of 45th anniversary A-T woodie? (Or if you prefer, which is the coole

• ATH-W7000
    • ATH-L7000
    • ATH-L5000
    • ATH-W2007
    • ATH-W300
    • ATH-W12
    • Other (post what you think)
    • I don't think there will be one.
    • What the hell is an A-T woodie? Some sort of all terrain wooden vehicle? (http://www.oldwoodies.com/)

Hi everyone,

I just thought of this poll that might be somewhat interesting. But then, probably not. I'm not sure how many Audio-Technica woodie fans are around here, but I sure am one. :D So basically what the poll above says. Do you think there will be a 45t anniversary A-T Woodie? If so, what would be your guess for the model number? Or rather, what would be the best in your opinion?

- Nanoha

List of A-T woodies in the past:

1996 - ATH-W10VTG

1997 - ATH-W10LTD (35th Anniversary)

1998 - ATH-W11JPN

1999 - ATH-W100

2000 - ATH-W11R

2001 - ATH-W2002 (40th Anniversary)

2002 - ATH-W1000

2003 - ATH-L3000

2004 - No woodie released. Continues to sell L3000.

2005 - ATH-W5000

Numbering scheme according to series (somewhat chronologically & according to quality):

Closed Oldies:

1995 - ATH-A3

1995 - ATH-A4

1994 - ATH-A5

1997 - ATH-A5x

1994 - ATH-A7

1997 - ATH-A7x

1994 - ATH-A9

1997 - ATH-A9x

Closed Modern:

2001 - ATH-A55

2001 - ATH-A100Ti

2001 - ATH-A500

2001 - ATH-A700

2002 - ATH-A900

2002 - ATH-A1000

2005 - ATH-A900LTD

Open Oldies:

2000 - ATH-AD5

2000 - ATH-AD7

1999 - ATH-AD9

1999 - ATH-AD10

Open Modern:

2003 - ATH-AD300

2003 - ATH-AD400

2003 - ATH-AD500

2003 - ATH-AD700

2004 - ATH-AD900

2004 - ATH-AD1000

2004 - ATH-AD2000

with all these "anniversary" and "special" AT woodies, aren't they all not so special anymore? just a thought...

Haha true. :) But no matter how many different types are, limited numbers still make them special. It's almost akin to... limited edition toys (at least I know for toys in Japan)? Companies often release one or two LE toys a year, and a lot of people buy them. But then people who want them later are out of luck. Japanese audiophiles have the money. I'm sure audiophiles would love to collect them all. They're exactly like expensive toys as a matter of fact now that I think about it. People want them, A-T makes money.

So basically there have been two anniversary woodies (W2002, W10LTD), and a few limited edition woodies (W11JPN, W11R, L3000). The W11VTG, W100, W1000, and W5000 are not special woodies. So I guess that makes 5 out of 9 A-T woodies are special.

I agree though. They're probably not as special as they may seem. But they're expensive. That makes them special as well. ;D

Each woody is limited edition, the only question is whether they're limited by time or number. This is because audio-technica discontinues its lines so quickly. And unlike other manufacturers (e.g., Musical Fidelity) that do similar rapid releases and product life styles, the newer ATH-W models are often not improvements on the older ones. This functionally makes each woody a limited edition for purposes of acquisition and collectability.

The only non-special woodies right now are the W1000 and W5000. But the latter will become special within a year or two, and the former, well, let's just hope it fades into history. :D

Best,

-Jason

I want a W12, a mix of all the different 11 and 10 can signatures! ;D

Yeah, that would be awesome. But I have a feeling they won't go that way. A-T probalby thinks the W1X series is too old-school. :D

I voted for W2007. I want a L5000, but that means I won't be able to afford it. Haha. If they're going to make a L5K, they'll probably do it for 2012.

Each woody is limited edition, the only question is whether they're limited by time or number. This is because audio-technica discontinues its lines so quickly. And unlike other manufacturers (e.g., Musical Fidelity) that do similar rapid releases and product life styles, the newer ATH-W models are often not improvements on the older ones. This functionally makes each woody a limited edition for purposes of acquisition and collectability.

The only non-special woodies right now are the W1000 and W5000. But the latter will become special within a year or two, and the former, well, let's just hope it fades into history. :D

Best,

-Jason

I agree completely. I've owned a number of different AT headphones at one point in time and they all had different sound signatures and aesthetics which made them unique. I'm definately looking forward to what AT has come up with for the 45th anniversary addition.

I'm hoping they make another phone in the line of the L3000 sound, I'm not much of a fan of other AT's.

What do you like about the L3K and not in the other ATs? The bass? :dance:

- Nanoha

Damn... Late to the Woodie discussion thread.

I feel it's probably going to be a variant of the W5000 line since it isn't like celebrating their half century anniversary. AT might just do what they did with the W10 line, just put out a W5000LTD or something along the same line.

Maybe a driver, housing change, or even the packaging. I don't think they would go as far as putting Echizan laquer on the Ebony wood (I don't know if that follows the traditional Japanese craftsmanship)

Non woodie and and open design? ;D

Oh wait. What if the 4th anniversary headphone was open and wood? :o

If there is, I am so expecting...

For me, I prefer AD and L series sounding to W. That was a great move to that new generation of AT can, AD series. I like the sound. anyways, i was told W series before W100 was not sounding like the current W series. The old one is different and better(?).

If there is, I am so expecting...

For me, I prefer AD and L series sounding to W. That was a great move to that new generation of AT can, AD series. I like the sound. anyways, i was told W series before W100 was not sounding like the current W series. The old one is different and better(?).

Oh, that makes sense. :) A lot of people love the sound of the L3000 but don't like the other A-T woodies. Also, some people mentioned in the past that the AD2000 sounds similar in signature to the L3000. Hmmm, a woodie AD. I would look forward to that indeed. Most definitely. ;D