Pillow help

funniecow

Hey guys, recently my pillow had "pancaked" on me. So I'm in the market for some new pillows. When I visited SEARS, I was amazed on the type of pillows that are out on the market now. So I'm a bit confused. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

My guidelines are:

Made of materials that won't heat up, I live in Hawaii, it's already warm

Available from bricks and mortar, since I don't have a paypal (sears?)

Durable, this is a important aspect

Not too expensive maybe $25 a pillow price range?

If it helps, I'm a chest/side sleeper.

Some of the things I saw were:

Egyptian Cotton

Memory Foam

Puff ball stuffing

Ones that help you with posture, both chest and side sleepers

Ones with beads in them

I've never really shopped for pillow on my own before. My aunt told me to just get two at ROSS. Because it's Lauren brand. I don't know much about pillows, and when I searched Google for "pillow forums" it came up with sleeping disorders.

The stores in the Hawaii area are:

Ross

SEARS

Macy's

Wal-Mart

And a bunch of small stores that I don't know the name to.

Thanks for reading, please help.

I have a large Tempur-Pedic NeckPillow that I have had for the last couple of years. I really like it a lot. My wife also has one of the smaller ones. We tried out the generic versions but they just were not as good as the Tempur-Pedics.

They are a bit on the expensive side though. But considering it should last many years and improve your sleep (which is priceless) I think it's well worth the extra cost. I would just try one from someplace you can return it.

I alternate between a tempur pillow from brookstone and a sobakowa buckwheat pillow. Neither is perfect all the time, but between the two of them I do ok. I agree that the generic tempur pillows aren't hte same, I hate the 2 I have that aren't the real thing.

I alternate between a tempur pillow from brookstone and a sobakowa buckwheat pillow. Neither is perfect all the time, but between the two of them I do ok. I agree that the generic tempur pillows aren't hte same, I hate the 2 I have that aren't the real thing.

if you're going to get a memory foam pillow, don't try and save a few dollars and get the target brand. There is definitely a difference between the name brand and the knock off. The name brand are more firm and stay firm a lot longer. the two knock of memory foam pillows I've owned started to feel like normal foam rubber in less than a year.

I have a large Tempur-Pedic NeckPillow that I have had for the last couple of years. I really like it a lot. My wife also has one of the smaller ones. We tried out the generic versions but they just were not as good as the Tempur-Pedics.

They are a bit on the expensive side though. But considering it should last many years and improve your sleep (which is priceless) I think it's well worth the extra cost. I would just try one from someplace you can return it.

For some reason I can't stand Tempur pillows. The neck one irritates my neck too much and the standard pillow doesn't feel so comfortable as well.

BTW here it is SLEEP COUNTRY.. CANADA!! but when I went to the states it had the same jingle but it was SLEEP COUNTRY... USA LOL.. my brother and I lol'd at it.

For some reason I can't stand Tempur pillows. The neck one irritates my neck too much and the standard pillow doesn't feel so comfortable as well.

BTW here it is SLEEP COUNTRY.. CANADA!! but when I went to the states it had the same jingle but it was SLEEP COUNTRY... USA LOL.. my brother and I lol'd at it.

oh man, one of the few things that will be stuck in my head forever is the sleep country canada jingle. I only lived there for about a year but god damn it, I will never get it out of my head