Radio Shack Power Supply Recall

The Monkey

oh shit. not good...

fan.jpg

on the bright side, i've been using this thing for a couple years now and nothing has yet happened... When the switch is tuned off but still plugged in, the unit would send a burst of power out- for example ever 15 seconds or so the fan's led's would light up and the fan will spin for a split second then turn off...

scary shit that they took so long to realize...

Thanks a bundle for the notice; i would have never been aware and it would really suck if that thing went on fire atop a towel covered computer..

I hate my local radioshack. Back in college, I bought a $25 Spanish translator thing that conjugated verbs and such. They aggressively tried to sell me a $15 dollar extended warranty on the thing:rolleyes:

I remember this awkward pause, thinking to myself that he was joking. I had to firmly tell him no about 5 or 6 times for the warranty. I was about to walk out without buying anything, I was so pissed.

I hate my local radioshack. Back in college, I bought a $25 Spanish translator thing that conjugated verbs and such. They aggressively tried to sell me a $15 dollar extended warranty on the thing:rolleyes:

I remember this awkward pause, thinking to myself that he was joking. I had to firmly tell him no about 5 or 6 times for the warranty. I was about to walk out without buying anything, I was so pissed.

That is how the salesman gets paid. If he doesn't move the warranty, he basically gets minimum wage.

Don't player hate.

But who buys a $15 warranty for a $25 part? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

When I was there, I used to hold a good 70% warranty rate. Plenty of people see the need to get ripped in the anus.

If you don't want to deal with salesmen, order online.

:D

Actually nowadays most everything I buy is online. But only out of sheer laziness and gas $ on my part.

:)

For the most part, I'm the same way. It unfortunate that the local stores are taking a hit, but honestly, why would I pay 20-50% more to buy it locally? I have to pay sales tax and gas to get there, which isn't a negligible cost any more.