Beatles albums remastered soon?

riceboy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't like some of the EQ choices used on some of the stereo albums. ie with Abbey Road, I will never replace my Black Triangle.

I need to geek out and drop my MoFi, Japan, German and US pressings for comparison against the BT, 87 and 09 cds.

I think I like the German LP the best but I need to go back listen again. Needledrops of these are a PITA due to the medley on side 2.

Well I just received my copy of the mono box set (although I have been listening to them for a while ;)). They are incredibly nice, especially if you can actually remember buying albums when that was the only format available.

I also have another copy on order. If someone wants it, let me know, otherwise I will just cancel the order. They do not seem to be hard to obtain anymore.

I just got the stereo FLAC files of Let it be into my computer. I'll compare them to older mp3 files that hang around inside my box. (not quite fair to either version, but the best that I have.)

EDIT: Maybe I should stuff some of the mono FLAC files into my box instead? (still not entirely fair to the recording though)

• 1 month later...
So you spend $60 to pay someone to convert your cds to flac/mp3's and then take away the cds? ???

The FLACs are 24/44.1 and it does have some "extras" like videos and digital copies of original UK artwork, etc. But I agree, it does seem overpriced, especially considering that the stereo CD boxset seems to be well under $200 at the moment.

the German LPs are the best, which is why the Mirror Spock releases were off the metal masters of those LPs. :) i'd love to have a 24/96 version of those, though, if the LPs are really clean.

I think most collectors or fanatics would consider the first pressing UK tube cut vinyl to be the best. They go for silly money though, so I'm sure the German vinyl is a fine cheaper substitute.

I only have problems with the Abbey Road stereo. The mono box sounds fine.