Ultrasone Edition 7's

randerson3024

• 2 weeks later...
are you really running R-10s from portables?

Yes. Apparently lol... I'm saving up for either RSA Raptor or EC Zana Deux right now

I just don't know which one

edit: actually the R-10's sound pretty good through predator believe it or not o_O

Haha, you've found the Supremus Forum. Welcome.

edit#2: Elephas...? So this is the famed Supremus Forum? eh......... :palm:

I still have your mirrored-pictures btw. They are my eternal reference pics 8)

edit: actually the R-10's sound pretty good through predator believe it or not o_O

Well... I've heard from a close friend of mine (who isn't partial to RSA, really) that the predator is actually better at driving the W5k than the Pico (and a couple other portables). They had 5 people listen to the W5k out of a bunch of portable amps (including the pico), and each secretly voted for their favourite amp of the bunch... 4 of them preferred the predator.

Yes. Apparently lol... I'm saving up for either RSA Raptor or EC Zana Deux right now

I owned a Raptor for about two years and sold it after getting a ZD in Jan. 2008. I think the ZD is better than the Raptor in every way. The R10, Qualia, Grados, AT's, HD650, K701 all sound better with the ZD than the Raptor.

The Raptor matches better with the HD650 and K701. However, even with a Telefunken ECC802S which cost me a lot of money, it can't match the ZD. Though the ZD costs more than the Raptor, tubes for the ZD are less inexpensive.

Unfortunately I've never heard the Edition 7 or Edition 9. Given my bad experience with the Proline 2500, 750, ULE2200 and a few other Ultrasones, I'm not inclined to buy an Ed. 9.

edit#2: Elephas...? So this is the famed Supremus Forum? eh......... :palm:

I still have your mirrored-pictures btw. They are my eternal reference pics 8)

Haha, I'm glad you like them. I'm not much of a photographer, though, and anyway headphones should be heard and not seen. :P

For great photos of audio gear, search for Afrikane's photos.

Well... I've heard from a close friend of mine (who isn't partial to RSA, really) that the predator is actually better at driving the W5k than the Pico (and a couple other portables). They had 5 people listen to the W5k out of a bunch of portable amps (including the pico), and each secretly voted for their favourite amp of the bunch... 4 of them preferred the predator.

Woops, meant the tomahawk. Still doesn't make it look any better though does it :D