There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also said the volumes were not initially matched up. On an amp that has been ready to ship for months?

I think that it was just that the second stepper wasn't indexed to match the first. I agree that it's pretty weak to not have it done, but I'm sure it took all of 5 minutes to correct.

I think that it was just that the second stepper wasn't indexed to match the first. I agree that it's pretty weak to not have it done, but I'm sure it took all of 5 minutes to correct.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if anybody at SP bothers to hook the amps up and listen for a minute or two. Many of the ES amps were shipped out with the channels switched on the HE90 jacks which a 30 second test would have brought to light.

I hate to hear all this stuff about SP, it is truely sad for a talented designer/mfr. to go down in flames like this since he a supporter of this particular subculture community. If it is any consolation, another subculture community is just like this, custom gun building, gunsmiths (ampsmiths?, I might be on to something here) get cussed the same way. Promise way more than they can deliver, are not good business men, lie about delivery time, etc., etc., etc. I had $2000 in a pistol, in a shop in PA. I am in NC. My wife was going to Philly all the time on business, I couldn't get my gun back, tagged along with the wife on a biz trip, free flight with flyer miles, surprised said gunsmith by walking into his shop one morning and demanding to see my gun and see him work on it or give it back. I got the work done on the spot and a bunch of free tee shirts and other crap to get me out of his shop. If I had the money in amps sitting in Mik's shop that some of you guys do, I don't care what it cost to fly to CO, I would be there in a NY minute to get my amp back...with interest. Good luck to you all.

PS...I have heard the PPX and MPX, SP amps and thought my Woo 3 sounded much better. Moon Audio is just the other side of town from me and he is a little shakey too! Caveat Emptor

PS...I have heard the PPX and MPX, SP amps and thought my Woo 3 sounded much better. Moon Audio is just the other side of town from me and he is a little shakey too! Caveat Emptor

Really? I teach in Holly Springs and live in Raleigh ATM. Only met Drew once in Durham, loved Mikhail's amps (though not my price tag currently).

Ooomph... the crowd is more straight forward here compared to head-fi.

I'm reading things I'd never find out otherwise.

------------

Sorry I have an OT inquiry, and I don't want to make a thread about it.

Can someone please pm me about the details behind this "hate with Ray Samuels' products". I get the notion that some people here think his product look good but doesn't sound so good. I haven't come across more than a few constructive negative posts about his products. That's after digging out head-fi's threads for weeks since I joined.

If I'm getting it completely wrong please let me know.

Ooomph... the crowd is more straight forward here compared to head-fi.

I'm reading things I'd never find out otherwise.

------------

Sorry I have an OT inquiry, and I don't want to make a thread about it.

Can someone please pm me about the details behind this "hate with Ray Samuels' products". I get the notion that some people here think his product look good but doesn't sound so good. I haven't come across more than a few constructive negative posts about his products. That's after digging out head-fi's threads for weeks since I joined.

If I'm getting it completely wrong please let me know.

The search function is your friend.

The search function is your friend.

Oh I did use that function.

The Raptor.... does that ring any bells?

Apparently that's one amp I'm looking at. I was 'this' |=| close to submitting my order in paypal, and stopped my trigger finger. :palm:

Can you help me with some proper criticism threads please? or someone else?

This isn't the place for that discussion. This is a thread about singlepower.

I stated above in in bold that one should pm me.

Advice taken, I'll take my leave.

Apparently that's one amp I'm looking at. I was 'this' |=| close to submitting my order in paypal, and stopped my trigger finger. :palm:

Start a new one. Be clear about your goals and means.

I stated above in in bold that one should pm me.

Advice taken, I'll take my leave.

ah, if you're interested in the Raptor, the proper search word is "craptor"

:)

I've been quiet for long enough and quite frankly, I have to say this even though I may be repeating what others have said. I'm just a poor audiophile, so I've only experienced the Xin version of this kind of business practice.

Who gives a flying fuck how nice and or enjoyable Mikhail is personally? I don't get how someone can like him as a person and not as a businessman. The guy is a thief and a scammer, and that's not just his business practice. How is his business practice not personal to the poor SOB who gave Mikhail his/her hard earned money only to see it disappear? If I were in a sorry enough state b/c of this, I'd break every bone in M's body. At least Larry Milligan (remember Larocco?) did the decent thing and took his presence off the web/shut down.

P.S. - where did all the smiley icons go?

P.S. - where did all the smiley icons go?
User Control Panel ("User CP") -> Edit Options -> scroll down to bottom, change Message Editor Interface from Basic Editor to either Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface.

And in answer to your question -- it's easy, because we still hold out hope that he's not an out-and-out thief. And I still do (like him/hold out hope), even though right at this very moment I wouldn't do business with him. Yes, he lies about being ready with stuff and that's bad, but so far, he has eventually delivered, if beyond previously promised dates. And yes, he's shipped completely different amps to people. And I will be the first to admit that's bad, and I completely sympathize with people who have been screwed over by the process, but at least it's not as bad as disappearing with everyone's money.

I'm sounding like an apologist, but it's because I'm answering your question. Please note the "I wouldn't do business with him" comment -- that should say it all.

• 1 month later...

Man that makes me 0-2. I have an Extreme and an Apache. :palm:

Regarding the Extreme... mine is a "new" version with a 14 amp external PS and the piltron. Any idea if he made changes to FET problem? I did notice that the chassis gets really warm when I run it... to the point the volume knob is almost hot to the touch.