There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hypothetical but it seems to me that I never had the amp, whould have never received the money back. Even if I did get the amp back it is likely to have problems and cause me to still not have the amp. In this situation, what will rolling over and spreading your ass cheeks do? :confused:

So far, Mikhail has eventually delivered the product purchased. Better to have the amp with the chance there are problems then nothing at all. If the amp does have problems, the solution is to find someone that can repair the amp. At least a few in this situation have had their amps repaired by others. My only point is you can be as tough as you want but in the end you may find yourself empty handed. If you would be willing to take that risk, so be it. I would like to see those that are in this situation at least get their amps. My guess, and it is a guess, is that SP may not be around for very long.

So far, Mikhail has eventually delivered the product purchased. Better to have the amp with the chance there are problems then nothing at all. If the amp does have problems, the solution is to find someone that can repair the amp. At least a few in this situation have had their amps repaired by others. My only point is you can be as tough as you want but in the end you may find yourself empty handed. If you would be willing to take that risk, so be it. I would like to see those that are in this situation at least get their amps. My guess, and it is a guess, is that SP may not be around for very long.

You think they will go under? Doesnt he make other stuff besides head amps? I wonder if that stuff is treated like the head amps?

If I did a chargeback he very well could just turn around and sell my amp to someone else for significantly more than 500 dollars. It's not like he doesn't still have any customers at all... I guess he might, but shrug I'm sure there are still the faithful.

After what he did to Tom and what you are going through, the number of faithful has dwindled considerably.

Hell 6 months ago if he was like "Hey Dan I have a completed SDS-XLR that a customer decided they didn't want and stopped payment on.. would you be interested in it for 5k?" I very well may have taken him up on that. Who knows... esp if the full history wasn't publicized.

Yes, a "completed" amp would tempt people. Still, they would be stupid to give him money until the amp was provably shipped. You shouldn't do it either. Wait until Monday.

@Jeepster - Just because you can be an asshat doesn't mean you have to be.

The only real rule on HC is don't be an asshat. So you can't be an asshat, at least not for long.

Now you are out an amp, the money paid for the amp, your plane ticket, hotel for the night, taxi and/or rental car.

Don't forget the potential criminal charges if you try to intimidate him, especially physically. All he has to do is not allow you into his office or home and you are stuck. If you force your way in, it's trespassing.

Dan is doing the right thing. If he ends up paying and the amp doesn't show, he'll have basis for a fraud charge. It's much better to on the "no criminal charge" side of this argument.

And he's buying some odd stuff. Why buy heat shrink and sleeving on Ebay?

Maybe he was just building up (padding) his feedback.

Yes he did bring one to the So Cal meet though it is hard to tell from the pics on Agon. Then again what is the probability of more than one owner of a $64,000 DAC living in the Denver CO area?

So that's the thing he bought with all the money harvested from his customers waiting for a product delivery :eek::palm: Now I understand he has no cash for repairs and builds... Does anybody know if M has a bipolar disorder? Such behavior is truly suggesting.

Yes he did bring one to the So Cal meet though it is hard to tell from the pics on Agon. Then again what is the probability of more than one owner of a $64,000 DAC living in the Denver CO area?

The pics of the tubes listed look like same as his Ebay pics

I believe this is SP as well AudiogoN Seller items: Audionotelover or someone has used his pics.

I can't stand people that list items as "NIB" yet still claim "this unit has not been used except for testing and audition".

How is it possible for something to be new and used at the same time? Also, what moron tries to sell a $64,000 item with 0 feedback?

While it's a sad situation to have to deal with SPs antics, he hasn't to my knowledge taken money without ever delivering the product. I have to agree with Mike here. It may be a pain in the ass, but getting the amp eventually seems to be the best outcome.

I think that Tom might disgree with Steve and Mike since he has, to this point failed to deliver what was ordered. Delivering broken or mismatched components does not count. If so, I have a pair of K1000's to sell, just don't mind the DT770s that will show up in the box. After all, they're both headphones.

I think that Tom might disgree with Steve and Mike since he has, to this point failed to deliver what was ordered. Delivering broken or mismatched components does not count. If so, I have a pair of K1000's to sell, just don't mind the DT770s that will show up in the box. After all, they're both headphones.

My only point is that the amps are all paid for. Unless Mikhail is willing or able to give refunds, get what you can, while you can. It may be all you can get. Legal action will likely be difficult, expensive and if you get a judgment, you may never collect.

OK, I've only heard snippits of this story, so I'm ignorant to the outcome. What's the deal, and which member is Tom?