There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope he continues to deliver. I get more nervous each day. At this point he is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. What he has done may not be technically criminal but it's effect is almost as bad.

Yeah. I get more nervous as well. It does seem like he may be a lost cause which is sad to see as well. I just hope that everyone does get there amps though.

Just so sad that this has no resolution. However, has it not come to the point that HF could take a stronger stand, and allow overt 'Do NOT buy SP, and let us count the ways for why not" ?

Maybe I'll add a 'SP Free' posting to the DFW meet thread, to atone for being a (once) SP customer.

Maybe he could move on to swindle people with speaker amps...

For starters, I think everyone owed an amp from Mikhail, having waited over some reasonable period, SHOULD mail a complaint to the Colorado AG, like, you know, on the same day? For maximum effect, that could be drafted by an attorney in Colorado, and shared amongst all in similar straits. At least it would uncover one less place for the roach to hide.

Why would head-fi do that when they have Audiophilechina.com as a continued Premier sponsor in spite of the shitty things they are doing for customers? Maybe some of these lawyers should get with Jude and form a better contract for getting a sponsorship and remaining a sponsor?

Why would head-fi do that when they have Audiophilechina.com as a continued Premier sponsor in spite of the shitty things they are doing for customers?

Audiophilechina hasn't been a sponsor for weeks. Their premier sponsor forum no longer exists, and they're off the sponsor list.

Some avenues I would consider pursuing (several already mentioned):

1) contact Colorado AG's Office or whichever agency is tasked with consumer protection.

2) contact your own state's office of consumer protection.

3) speak to FedEx's fraud department--they probably would not be happy to learn how their system is being abused.

4) how did you pay (sorry if I missed this)? Perhaps your payment option has a dispute process.

5) contact the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection and file a complaint.

6) contact the local and national better business bureau

Before resorting to any of these methods, you might just drop a subtle hint that you will file some sort of complaint to give SP one more chance. Also, if you're asked for any more money, consider escrow.

Dan, I had many of our shipments picked up and relabeled for USPS

Priority and Express Mail last night. Your amp is much larger and more

valuable than what we can ship with USPS. It will be going out FedEx

for sure in any event. It will be delivered to the FedEx facility and

be shipped by tomorrow, or I will personally fly it out to you.

Those are good tips Monkey. I paid with credit card but only 500 dollars as I bought the amp second hand so the bulk of the amp's value did not change hands between me and mikhail. I'll look into the rest if he does roll this week.

I wonder how long he would have to hold the amp before it could legitimately be considered theft?

And as usual, he's just wrong.

Items you send with Registered Mail are placed under tight security from the point of mailing to the point of delivery, and insured up to $25,000 against loss or damage. And you can verify the date and time of delivery and the delivery attempts online.

No, you don't get it, they've added so many days onto the end of the year they are now taking days away from the typical mid-April vacation week. That hasn't happened around here in the last quarter century. If they add any more days onto the end of the year the kids will have school after the 4th of July.

Dan,

Sorry to hear that it's SSDD with Mikhail.

Oh that's a (usually) yearly occurrence here. After 3 snow days, April vacation goes bye bye, followed by February. The district is very very strict about not only meeting the state minimum of (I forget, 185 days?), they consistently attempt to beat it by about 7%.

Here's my unsollicitated view as an outside jurist...:P

I think we have long time ago explored all legal possibilities on paper. Interesting but leading in all kind of directions.

My conclusion about these scenarios? Much more $ will be spent with no posivive outcome is a sure thing.

Here's my suggestion:

First, a small group of clients with "already done" projects should be organized with the objective of finding and hiring 2 representatives on location. These 2 persons should be a lawyer (or someone with a legal background) and a tech guy (with amp and tube expertise). Dont worry the tech guy will be the one with the most of the billing time.

Second, contact the builder and inform him about a mediation that could be run like this:

1- SP must agree to let the independent tech guy to a basic quality control of the amps (you guys are much better than me about this kind of stuff so you can fill the blanks on how to do this part),

2- After this, and only after this, the attorney on the tech guy positive recommandation could pay the $ SP is waiting for at the express condition that he will take delivery of the stuff on behalf of the group and he will be the only person responsable for shipping arrangement under his authority.

Will SP accept such an intrusive outside control? Good question....

Just an idea....

Amicalement from a temperature you guys down under could not possibly even imagine or endure...:P

Dan, I had many of our shipments picked up and relabeled for USPS

Priority and Express Mail last night. Your amp is much larger and more

valuable than what we can ship with USPS. It will be going out FedEx

for sure in any event. It will be delivered to the FedEx facility and

be shipped by tomorrow, or I will personally fly it out to you.

Those are good tips Monkey. I paid with credit card but only 500 dollars as I bought the amp second hand so the bulk of the amp's value did not change hands between me and mikhail. I'll look into the rest if he does roll this week.

Sounds like typical Mikhail stalling tactics

I think we have long time ago explored all legal possibilities on paper. Interesting but leading in all kind of directions.

My conclusion about these scenarios? Much more $ will be spent with no posivive outcome is a sure thing.

Here's my suggestion:

First, a small group of clients with "already done" projects should be organized with the objective of finding and hiring 2 representatives on location. These 2 persons should be a lawyer (or someone with a legal background) and a tech guy (with amp and tube expertise). Dont worry the tech guy will be the one with the most of the billing time.

Second, contact the builder and inform him about a mediation that could be run like this:

1- SP must agree to let the independent tech guy to a basic quality control of the amps (you guys are much better than me about this kind of stuff so you can fill the blanks on how to do this part),

2- After this, and only after this, the attorney on the tech guy positive recommandation could pay the $ SP is waiting for at the express condition that he will take delivery of the stuff on behalf of the group and he will be the only person responsable for shipping arrangement under his authority.

Just an idea....

Amicalement from a temperature you guys down under could not possibly even imagine or endure...:P

Yeah you just need like quite a few people to start with where you can distribute cost to make this anywhere near effective. That is if he were willing to accept outside control in the first place (Which is kinda doubtful without significant leverage).

I am happy to participate in such an effort if one begins, but yeah I think we have to wait for outrage to hit critical mass to the point where such a group/effort coalescences almost on its own. Or like just need 1 person with a stake in the matter pissed off enough to go the extra hundred miles.

I'm not that person yet ;p... I still have some hope something might ship this week. Next week? Who knows.

Yeah pretty much typical bullshit. So much for "If I say it'll ship, it'll ship." How goes your own fight Rob N?

Here's my suggestion:

Just an idea....

Hi Genetic

Why would SP even acknowledge that?

Anybody want to go for the top 10 reasons why Mikhail didn't ship "your" amp (today)....?

- SP regrets to inform you that they have encountered a temporary packing tape shortage due to a batch of defective tape. Fresh tape has been ordered. All packages will be re-taped and sent for pick up by FedEx ASAP.

USG

Yeah you just need like quite a few people to start with where you can distribute cost to make this anywhere near effective. That is if he were willing to accept outside control in the first place (Which is kinda doubtful without significant leverage).

I am happy to participate in such an effort if one begins, but yeah I think we have to wait for outrage to hit critical mass...

Critical mass could be as little as 1 guy. It depends mostly on the amount of $ the transaction is in the balance with SP. In such a case a single individual (and this time it should be a single independant Denver tech guy with the same mandate) who could do the trick. Cost? It depends, but I figure a few hundreds could be a reasonable target for a few hours of his time. But then again the more $ a group represent for CP the more effective the leverage would be.

I'm pretty sure the formation of a group would represent also a bonus for SP since this would means a multi-solutions to multi-problems in one shot...:)

The whole basis for my suggestion is that he knows that a lot a people are by now stepping full force on the break pedals. All the defensive positions on both side wont be resolved by regular legal means. Almost certainly only mediation from a third party will resolve this before all this goes much deeper in trouble.

Amicalement

Hi Genetic

Why would SP even acknowledge that?

USG

I firmly believe that he's willing to find a way out of this situation. As I just wrote, I'm of the opinion that he can't shipp before receiving $ as strongly the clients would be complete idiots to sent $ before receiving their amps.

In a case like this noboby will make a move and it's completely normal. The light at the end of the tunnel is lying in mediation comming from a third party located in Denver.

SP want $ + clients wanting their amps + mistrust on both sides= mediation.

Amicalement

I keep coming back to this so I'm finally going to point it out. Every g-dang major shipper (UPS/FedEx/USPS) will come to your door and pick up packages. You don't have to go anywhere to get it into their hands. Why, after clearly printing the shipping labels, Mikhail doesn't just dial 1-800-GO-FEDEX like everyone else in the country is beyond my reasoning. Unless, unfortuately, he doesn't have anything to ship in which case it's convenient for him to be able to blame FedEx processing delays (bullcrap) or anything else he can think up.

And no, there isn't a size limit on USPS packages (well, there is, but an amp wouldn't violate it by a long shot). All that is required to ship items requiring more than $5000 worth of insurance is the use of the Registered Mail System. RM can be used with both First Class and Priority Mail shipments, carries a minimum $10 fee (plus insurance) plus all regular shipping expenses. I ran a rough estimate for Dan's package this morning and it'd cost about $80 to ship the amp via USPS Priority Mail with Registered Mail including $10,000 worth of insurance. The same, 24"x24"x12" x 20lb package shipped through FedEx is probably going to cost ~$110. Shipping F'ing Fail.

Edited by n_maher

I keep coming back to this so I'm finally going to point it out. Every g-dang major shipper (UPS/FedEx/USPS) will come to your door and pick up packages. You don't have to go anywhere to get it into their hands. Why, after clearly printing the shipping labels, Mikhail doesn't just dial 1-800-GO-FEDEX like everyone else in the country is beyond my reasoning. Unless, unfortuately, he doesn't have anything to ship in which case it's convenient for him to be able to blame FedEx processing delays (bullcrap) or anything else he can think up.

You don't even have to call them... you can schedule a pickup while you are setting up the shipment and printing your labels out online. :palm: