There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

I keep coming back to this so I'm finally going to point it out. Every g-dang major shipper (UPS/FedEx/USPS) will come to your door and pick up packages. You don't have to go anywhere to get it into their hands. Why, after clearly printing the shipping labels, Mikhail doesn't just dial 1-800-GO-FEDEX like everyone else in the country is beyond my reasoning. Unless, unfortuately, he doesn't have anything to ship in which case it's convenient for him to be able to blame FedEx processing delays (bullcrap) or anything else he can think up.

This is absolutely true.

USG

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never agree to this if I were SP (or advising SP).

Let suppose we have 5 outside customers willing to pay X amount of $ in exchange for their amps. They wont send the $ because they dont trust the amp builder anymore. On the other side you have an amp builder who has the amp in his hands but is unwillng to send the amps before receiving payment. The law is on his side (for the most part) and until the gets the $ he has probably no obligation send the amps (he has repaired/upgraded) back.

Could you tell me why the owners cant send a hired representative from Denver to check the amps and pay for the items on condition that the exchage of $ will be followed by SP giving it back to the guy hired by the amp owners?

Amicalement

PS: looking to translate the legal expression "arbitrage commercial" in English....

Let suppose we have 5 outside customers willing to pay X amount of $ in exchange for their amps. They wont send the $ because they dont trust the amp builder anymore. On the other side you have an amp builder who has the amp in his hands but is unwillng to send the amps before receiving payment. The law is on his side (for the most part) and until the gets the $ he has probably no obligation send the amps (he has repaired/upgraded) back.

Could you tell me why the owners cant send a hired representative from Denver to check the amps and pay for the items on condition that the exchage of $ will be followed by SP giving it back to the guy hired by the amp owners?

Amicalement

PS: looking to translate the legal expression "arbitrage commercial" in English....

But, as it was pointed out, if they are not paid for, he could sell them to recoup his losses.

It occurred to me that some people have reported getting back something other than what they sent in.... is this a Ponzi scheme?

USG

If the third party was a licensed escrow service, no, but if he's just a random so-and-so, yes -- trust. What if something happens to the amp between when SP lets it go and the owner receives it -- who is responsible?

What do you have in mind when you write "something happens"?

SP has still a warranty obligation for the repair/upgrade but is certainlay not responsable for any mishandling of the amp in the parking lot.

From the moment the amps are out of the SP doors the amps are under full responsability of the owner unless the relation between the representative and the amp owner has provisions of the effect that the hired representative is assuming this responsability. In that latter case this intermediate will have to insure itself from that reponsability and redirect the cost to the amp buyer.

Amicalement

But, as it was pointed out, if they are not paid for, he could sell them to recoup his losses.

It occurred to me that some people have reported getting back something other than what they sent in.... is this a Ponzi scheme?

USG

While I've heard the same rumor I have yet to see documented evidence of this. If it exists I'd appreciate a link. I'm looking for something like when a MPX3 with serial #:XXXX was sent in and MPX3 #:YYYY was sent back.

And if I was someone involved with this I would print out a dated copy of the Moon Audio Single Power page showing the warranties of the various amps along with one of the online reviews that states at least the basic 36mo PPX3 coverage. To my knowledge there's no official version and Moon's may be the only written instance of Singlepower's warranty. There certainly isn't anything on SP's website and I don't think their amps come with any official paperwork do they? I can see this as one of the first sticking points that a lawyer representing Mikhail could go after.

Edited by n_maher

USG

I dont know the Colorado legal context but it's probably not that easy. In general terms the repair man has a right to keep the item until the $ is paid. But I dont think a transfer of onwnership will operate the facto from a customer who is unwilling to pay. They will be most certainly another step before that.

Amicalement

I keep coming back to this so I'm finally going to point it out. Every g-dang major shipper (UPS/FedEx/USPS) will come to your door and pick up packages. You don't have to go anywhere to get it into their hands. Why, after clearly printing the shipping labels, Mikhail doesn't just dial 1-800-GO-FEDEX like everyone else in the country is beyond my reasoning. Unless, unfortuately, he doesn't have anything to ship in which case it's convenient for him to be able to blame FedEx processing delays (bullcrap) or anything else he can think up.

This is an argument I had with him many times. Why does FedEx not do pick-ups. He gave some lame excuses, one of which was that they did not come out to where he was???? My guess is that he just does not want to pay some sort of pick-up fee if he has a business account???

Anyway, on Icariums' situation, I talked to Mikhail for about 2 minutes last night and it sounded like he was quite busy, it was 11:30 his time. My guess is that he was packing things up finally and that the amps just were not done before when he was saying they were packed up.

He told me he would call Blackie and help him repair my amp (ES-2).

Another nightmare is that I lent my 2nd pair of R10s (that are pretty thrashed) to one of his buddies (boilingfrog), the same guy who had the situation with JenaLabs, and he won't return them. I am now starting to question his authenticity. The idiot reterminated my R10 cable without asking. Anyone here live near Scottsdale who can pay him a visit?

Another nightmare is that I lent my 2nd pair of R10s (that are pretty thrashed) to one of his buddies (boilingfrog), the same guy who had the situation with JenaLabs, and he won't return them. I am now starting to question his authenticity. The idiot reterminated my R10 cable without asking. Anyone here live near Scottsdale who can pay him a visit?

:kitty:

Just when I think this whole situation can't get anymore f'ed up or worse something like this rolls around.

This is an argument I had with him many times. Why does FedEx not do pick-ups. He gave some lame excuses, one of which was that they did not come out to where he was???? My guess is that he just does not want to pay some sort of pick-up fee if he has a business account???

Anyway, on Icariums' situation, I talked to Mikhail for about 2 minutes last night and it sounded like he was quite busy, it was 11:30 his time. My guess is that he was packing things up finally and that the amps just were not done before when he was saying they were packed up.

Did you lend them to this guy through Mikhail? If so, tell Mikhail you want the guys name and address unless you have this information already. Someone should have the address if they were shipped to the guy in Scottsdale. If you can get his information, send him a certified letter, return receipt demanding return of your property. If he doesn't return them, contact the local police. At some point it will be considered theft. Just my $.02.

Just when I think this whole situation can't get anymore f'ed up or worse something like this rolls around.

x2

"What the fuck" doesn't even seem to be a worthy phrase for what is happening in SP land right now.

Andy, best wishes on getting the R10 back.

It would be great to have Blackie do the work. Maybe he can suggest some improvements too!

This boilingfrog thing seems beyond belief. He took your R10s with the stock cable and reterminated them without any permission to do so? That really is incredible and diminished the value of your headphones. I would not only demand their immediate return but I would demand compensation as well. What a fucktard. :asshat:

While I've heard the same rumor I have yet to see documented evidence of this. If it exists I'd appreciate a link. I'm looking for something like when a MPX3 with serial #:XXXX was sent in and MPX3 #:YYYY was sent back.

I have not seen any documented evidence either.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought I vaguely remembered boomana getting a different one back... maybe not? :confused:

USG

Did you lend them to this guy through Mikhail? If so, tell Mikhail you want the guys name and address unless you have this information already. Someone should have the address if they were shipped to the guy in Scottsdale. If you can get his information, send him a certified letter, return receipt demanding return of your property. If he doesn't return them, contact the local police. At some point it will be considered theft. Just my $.02.

Tyrion, thanks for the suggestion. I may do this very soon. I did not lend them through Mikhail, but Mikhail hooked us up. The guy seemed really legit, he's an m.d. and all. He had Mikhail build him some ridiculous ES-2. I have his cel number but he won't answer when he sees me calling. Mikhail is going to call him today and apply some pressure. He does still have his amp and Mikhail feels bad for me.

It would be great to have Blackie do the work. Maybe he can suggest some improvements too!

My thoughts exactly. Since I found Blackie, I will never need to send anything back to Mikhail again. This makes me very happy. I hope Blackie comes through.

This boilingfrog thing seems beyond belief. He took your R10s with the stock cable and reterminated them without any permission to do so? That really is incredible and diminished the value of your headphones. I would not only demand their immediate return but I would demand compensation as well. What a fucktard. :asshat:

He reterminated my SP cable that was balanced to SE without asking. He actually sent them all the way to Alex to have this done!!! Kinda lame, huh!! He was initially going to buy them or trade me for one of his pairs that had more bass. My worry is that he messed them up in some manner and is ducking me. I know he took the pads off and saw that there was no foam left, hence the lack of bass. He was going to replace the foam for me but could not find any, so I told him to send them back. I trusted him since he is a surgeon and did some work on his R10s. Now he is stalling. No idea why?

Well, it is still ridiculous and shameful for someone you entrusted with such expensive and rare cans, but if it is the SP cable then he can put it back to balanced without any loss to you. Start sending demand letters to his practice and see if likes having his office know he is a deadbeat. :cool:

That's some fucked up shit re: boilingfrog.

Good lord. This shit just doesn't stop. Instead, the stories just get weirder and more horrifying by the week. :mad: This hobby is so full of snakes, but I guess that isn't surprising given the money involved.

I think the part that worries me most is that people who are seemingly reliable and in good standing can all of a sudden flip and turn into complete asshole scammers.

Wow talk about a clusterfuck....def. a good call on getting Blackie involved, hopefully he doesn't charge you too much but he seriously knows his shit.

As to the R10 to boilingfrog what a fucking disaster that is. I can't believe he/they re-cabled your phones. Hopefully you can find where he lives and find a head-caser in the area to go pick them up.

I hope everyone still waiting on amps does get them eventually even it takes awhile as it's better to have something then nothing.

By the way the suggestion before about suing and/or filing a class action actually isn't a horrible idea. Especially if you can find someone to do it pro-bono. Collecting would not be a problem, just seize his the 2000sq warehouse that's filled with tubes and sell them all on ebay/audiogon.

And if I was someone involved with this I would print out a dated copy of the Moon Audio Single Power page showing the warranties of the various amps along with one of the online reviews that states at least the basic 36mo PPX3 coverage. To my knowledge there's no official version and Moon's may be the only written instance of Singlepower's warranty. There certainly isn't anything on SP's website and I don't think their amps come with any official paperwork do they? I can see this as one of the first sticking points that a lawyer representing Mikhail could go after.

Nate, if you go under specific model info on Singlepower site, the warranty info is listed on the bottom of each page. Incidentally, according to that info, Supra comes with 7-year parts and labor - probably because it'll actually take that long for a repair.

Amicalement

The owners can try to do whatever they want. My point is why would I agree to any of that if I'm SP? If the company is in as dire straits as it seems, I just say, "ok, sue me."