There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading between the lines, I imagine what's happened is his wife has cracked a shit and told him not to send gear out which hasn't been paid for. However, consider how frequently he bullshits about sending gear to customers, it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination that he has bullshitted to her about what's going on with customers (ie: blaming them).

So what happens is:

People send money and get nothing.

People send more money and get bullshit but no amp.

People refuse to send money without getting their amp.

Wife finds out (or rather, gets told BS about why he has no money) and cracks a big one, saying this is BS and not to send amps without getting money.

Nobody gets anything and they are now possibly broke until someone else gets suckered into sending him more money.

Next stage: A mob goes around to his house, or a PI, or someone sues him or something else awful.

I think that at some point SP ran into serious financial trouble and had to start taking orders that it couldn't possibly fill on a timely basis simply to raise funds to clear the existing backlog of orders - and then hope against hope that business will pick up and these new orders will somehow be taken care of. That, I think, has been going on for quite some time, and all the lying, fake shipments, delays, botched repair jobs, and all that nonsense are simply symptoms of Mikhail desperately trying - and failing - to keep his business afloat.

His whole business model was fucked. He should have had standardized amps, standard builds, and maybe a few select upgrade levels, where everything doesn't have to be manufactured as a one-off, and he should have had a solid base of simple, relatively inexpensive builds to provide a solid financial foundation. Then, he could have used that foundation to make a few high-end custom builds at exorbitant prices. Relying exclusively on custom high-end builds and making everything a one-off model is asking for it. I really don't see how any business like that can possibly be profitable, or fill orders on a consistent, timely basis.

I think it's in his best interest to call it quits, now. Own up to the community as to what he has done. Then, resurface under a new name and a new business model, and more importantly, hire someone else to run it like a proper business, leaving Mikhail to take care of the design component without any additional stress. As it stands, it's clear that the SP name has been damaged beyond repair, and unless he has some massive financial investment coming in to put the business on track, he's only digging himself deeper and deeper into the hole.

But meh, all of that is just guesswork and me talking out of my ass. What else is new?

Dan,

I forgot about MLK day, that would mean tomorrow before 12:00 Noon. Let

Let's wait until then and we'll be finally tracking the package.

Thanks Dan.

I agree with Grawk. Doesn't he think you could just call and find out that Fedex is open. :palm: I hope you get the tracking number to show the amp is in Fedex's possession by this week.

I guess the implication is that he has a third party vendor that deals with his shipping and that it was closed during MLK.. much like my company has such a vendor.

I am a teensy bit skeptical.

He should have carried it on his back through the snow if necessary to get it shipped yesterday.

I guess the implication is that he has a third party vendor that deals with his shipping and that it was closed during MLK.. much like my company has such a vendor.

I am a teensy bit skeptical.

Not to protect him in any way, shape, or form, but he has told me he uses a third party shipper place, like mailboxes etc. or something to that effect.