There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You most likely need to take the bottom off as tube amps are built upside down with everything mounted to the top plate.

Absolutely correct. Put those top screws in pronto. Take apart from the bottom.

You may not like what you see.

Thank you. I was afraid of this, that's why I asked. I know the amp section is that way, but I thought the PS would be from the top.

I guess I did not say it was the PS I was opening in the question. Still the same answer?

Let me be clear that I only used Ray as an example of fanboyism. I too agree that Ray would never send something like this out. He's far too smart a business man to ever consider it. And I do believe that Ray wants to turn out a good product and provide good service. I believe that Ray does provide good customer service, and I make no comparison between he and Mikhail.

Let me be clear that I only used Ray as an example of fanboyism. I too agree that Ray would never send something like this out. He's far too smart a business man to ever consider it. And I do believe that Ray wants to turn out a good product and provide good service. I believe that Ray does provide good customer service, and I make no comparison between he and Mikhail.

Point of clarification well taken, and I can see where your original point is. ;)

We get along great. I didn't sence any animosity. I agree with what's been said about Ray, and I think I was unclear about my meaning in my earlier post.

Whether or not you like Ray's amps, I doubt anyone would argue that Ray provides good customer service and he doesn't run his customers through the ringer.

Ahh Ray Raynor, makes me feel old, but he could have built that power supply. :rofl:

As far as him coming out to "repair" the amp, he (or his elves) could always build a power supply at his shop and then fly it out and make sure everything else is alright with the amp. It may require more than one day but oh well.

We get along great. I didn't sence any animosity. I agree with what's been said about Ray, and I think I was unclear about my meaning in my earlier post.

Whether or not you like Ray's amps, I doubt anyone would argue that Ray provides good customer service and he doesn't run his customers through the ringer.

Again, my poor attempt at some humor injection. I was hinting at the irony in the constructive conversation occuring here that seems to have escaped SP.

OK, this is going to be a chicago only reference... maybe billy can explain...

Mikhail is actually Ray Rayner in disguise...

Ray Rayner Shows

Ray Rayner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOl i am too young to know Ray Rayner, in fact this is the first i heard about him..haha

Also either of them are angels but the shit you see in this thread makes Ray look like apples to these oranges. I still have the original P/S unmodified and it may get warm but it WORKS! and that's a shit load more then anyone in this thread can say to SP..

also you know not to even compare these two now cause A: you know Ray's owners are treated better even when he is sleeping then dealing with this shit and B: Ray would never put two floor warts or any of these construction fuckups even in his prototype amps let alone his bigger priced stuff...

seriously Bringing up Ray is what got SP out of the crap years back when the first set of pics came out and then people felt it was a RSA and SP thing..this shit is just SP owners getting ass rammed. i'm not saying who is good or bad but you can't compare the level of customer service between the two, even the most hated RSA person couldn't..so dude stop distracting people with the Ray shit in this thread cause its only going to get someone else in the place that people in this thread are in the future..

(...) so dude stop distracting people with the Ray shit in this thread cause its only going to get someone else in the place that people in this thread are in the future..

At some point in your life Billy you will understand that we can see what's your point from your first post in a thread.... :rolleyes:

Realy amicalement....