• UE11
    • christopher reeve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Long time lurker here.

Considering on upgrading from my Denon AH-D1001 into custom iem world. Partly because of my work (sound engineer) partly because I enjoy spending my hard earned money in music.

Other option is to get a PICO but I'm guessing ue10 or ue11 would improve the sound quality more than my denons + a pico.

Either way I'm probably eventually going to invest to both unless someone has a better idea?

I would not invest in a pico to drive the D1001s. Straight from an ipod, the UE-11s/10s will have less distortion and cleaner sound than the denons could ever have. But obviously the price difference is there.:rolleyes:

I've owned the UE-11s for about six months now, and they excell at sounding very natural, spacious, and having extremely low distortion.

If you can afford them, go for it. But if you think you'll have an itch for a full size pair that can compare to it, you're in big trouble.

The price difference luckily is not a too big problem. :P

I'm currently in a such life situation that having full-sized phones of the same sound quality is not so important, as I really can't listen to music in a "quiet" environment - hence my interest towards the UE10/11.

Also portability is of major importance as I go everywhere with my D1001's booming (couldn't really handle much bigger headphones for everyday carry..)

Before investing that much in customs I'd suggest trying some of the higher end universals to make sure for yourself that laying out that kind of cash for customs isn't just going to end up being pissed into the wind. Buying used here or on HF you likely won't lose too much when reselling.

Considering you've stated universals have been painful, depending on your financial state, it might even be worthwhile to try one of the cheap customs to at least try to make sure you're not going to have the same issues with the UE's. You could always keep this pair for kicking around when you wouldn't necessarily want to chance losing or damaging $1100 custom IEM's.

So I should get something like LiveWires, then? To test how my ears can handle the feel.

Not a bad idea, since LiveWires go for like 250$ + shipping and handling (maybe even customs :rolleyes:) And with that I could also justify my crave for a pico ;D

Shame that the 30 day return policy doesn't work for me as I live in Finland :(

How much difference does the actual material of the iems do? I'm guessing they're not all made of the same stuff, no?