The official bitching and whining because you didn't get an HF-1 thread

hungrych

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I didn't already have a mid-range Grado I would've bought the HF-1 when it first came out, but I do which makes buying one redundant, so I didn't. As for the whiners on Head-fi, my ignore list over there, better known as "the shitlist", has been growing at a pretty good clip lately. The whining & crying is fucking headache inducing, it's almost as bad as dealing with a woman with PMS.

"Waaahhh! I want an HF-1 but why does it cost so much?"

"Waaahhhh!!! You shouldn't be allowed to profit on an HF-1 sale!"

"Waaaahhhh!!!!"

Just fucking shut up already.

Don't get carried away there, dude. Whining is one thing -- that's what everyone else is doing; obliquely referring to violence is entirely yet another -- that's what you're doing.

Hirsch -- just like everyone else -- can sell his HF-1's anywhere, anyway, and at any price he wants to -- you don't have to buy them.

Although in all likelihood, he'll probably just sell them to Juan or something. :D

Thank god I don't want one. I remember when I wanted an HP-2 -- I remember there was one guy buying them on Audiogon, and selling them for a profit at Head-Fi -- I was so pissed. Then I got one, and stopped caring.

Now I feel the same way about K1000's. Do you remember when Headroom was blowing them out?!?!? Argh. Just...argh.

And tubes -- don't even get me started about tubes.

I remember when I wanted an HP-2 --

And tubes -- don't even get me started about tubes.

If the price of the HF-1 goes any higher, I may be able to trade for an HP-2 on an even swap basis :P

What about tubes? Tubes, getcher tubes here, red hot tubes...>:D

If I didn't already have a mid-range Grado I would've bought the HF-1 when it first came out, but I do which makes buying one redundant, so I didn't. As for the whiners on Head-fi, my ignore list over there, better known as "the shitlist", has been growing at a pretty good clip lately. The whining & crying is fucking headache inducing, it's almost as bad as dealing with a woman with PMS.

"Waaahhh! I want an HF-1 but why does it cost so much?"

"Waaahhhh!!! You shouldn't be allowed to profit on an HF-1 sale!"

"Waaaahhhh!!!!"

Just fucking shut up already.

very true, women with PMS are scary.

If the price of the HF-1 goes any higher, I may be able to trade for an HP-2 on an even swap basis :P

Except you don't want an HP-2.
What about tubes? Tubes, getcher tubes here, red hot tubes...
They're expensive. It's a supply/demand thing -- people like you buy up the supply, even if the demand remains constant, the ratio changes for the worse.

i'd be bitching (and wondering) where my bass was, if i used stax.

Wait...whut? My Stax has bass. Hirsch's Stax has bass. Dave's Stax has bass. Stephen's...Stephen, do you have a Stax? I forget...I think not.

You should be bitching and whining where your hearing went, Mr. I-stuck-bees-in-my-ears-as-a-kid.

Except you don't want an HP-2.They're expensive. It's a supply/demand thing -- people like you buy up the supply, even if the demand remains constant, the ratio changes for the worse.

My complete disinterest in the last two HP-2's I've owned has sort of turned me off to the headphone a bit. :P

Not for me >:D Supply seems to stay pretty constant. I need a large collection of premium 6SN7's, and a few other types. Just in case, you know. :P Helps control costs in the future.

Not for me >:D Supply seems to stay pretty constant. I need a large collection of premium 6SN7's, and a few other types. Just in case, you know. :P Helps control costs in the future.

I think I've figured out how your system works: Every time you get a lifetime supply of 6SN7's, you get another amp that uses 6SN7's, which means a few hundred more tubes need to be added to the stockpile. ;D

Wait...whut? My Stax has bass. Hirsch's Stax has bass. Dave's Stax has bass. Stephen's...Stephen, do you have a Stax? I forget...I think not.

You should be bitching and whining where your hearing went, Mr. I-stuck-bees-in-my-ears-as-a-kid.

want some? they taste like chicken... pointy chicken.

No I don't own a STAX setup currently. I'm trolling eBay for a Lambda pro setup....although, the electret cans look ugly enough to love as well. :)

OH YEAH, on topic: I've heard the HF-1 and they're good, but I just don't understand the hype...I guess it's the whole limited edition thing...it's all very amusing.

I wonder if I could sell more amps by coming out with a limited edition M^3...now with 50% more cube!!!!

(so would that be an M^4.5?)

No I don't own a STAX setup currently. I'm trolling eBay for a Lambda pro setup....although, the electret cans look ugly enough to love as well. :)

OH YEAH, on topic: I've heard the HF-1 and they're good, but I just don't understand the hype...I guess it's the whole limited edition thing...it's all very amusing.

I wonder if I could sell more amps by coming out with a limited edition M^3...now with 50% more cube!!!!

(so would that be an M^4.5?)

nah, it would be (m^3) * (1+ .5)

actually, if it's m^3 then anything in front of M is a coefficent. so (1.1447M)^3 = 1.1447^3 * M^3 = ~3.03M^3

but M^3 + .5M^3 = 1.5M^3

he said 50% more, not 200% more.

200% more of 1 is 3 since. 50% more of 1 is 1.5.

If Hirsch sells his HF-1 on ebay, I want an invite to the crucifixion.

Heh. The recent auction only went for $405. That wouldn't even pay for half a GS-1000. I guess I'll keep mine after all. >:D

Back to Stax:

Omega II bass is in the upper registers, at least I haven't really heard it go low using 007t amp. The Omega II creates a bass illusion with that upper bass hump, but doesn't really deliver the goods. HE60 and HE90 both have a more convincing deep bass. Come to think of it, the Lambda Pro actually does deep bass better than Omega II.