Editing history

jinp6301

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey, you know, if head-case doesn't value my contribution, i won't make it.

I can't fathom the rationale for the policy, and it inconveniences me. And i have other options.

It's because sovkiller showed up, posted a bunch of nonsense then edited all his posts out and left. We don't have any plans to change the edit time window.

I'd prefer to keep this on electrostat discussion, here is the thread on the edit time limit.

And the ortho thread.

I can't fathom the rationale for the policy, and it inconveniences me. And i have other options.

And I'm the flip side, I can't really see why it'd make a bit of difference. What, exactly is it that you're wanting to edit?

Also, in cases where it has made sense to edit posts moderators such as myself have been happy to help folks out. There's still limited enough traffic here that we can manage it and it makes people (well, some people) think a bit before they spout off.

And I'm the flip side, I can't really see why it'd make a bit of difference. What, exactly is it that you're wanting to edit?

The way i function in this hobby is mainly exploratory and investigative.

Occasionally i realize that i've posted something that later turned out not to be entirely true. Sometimes i find out i was barking up the wrong tree, or i misinterpreted something somebody else told me, or I'm just plain mistaken.

At the other fora, I can just go back and edit.

Even if i could only append to the same post, that would be ok with me.

Not being able to make a change after a short window makes me wary of discussing theory or discovery here.

So i won't.

Hey, so did you. This is neat.

Hey, I'm not the one who came here and threatened not to post because I didn't like the rules. That came out as pompous to me so I called it.

In fact, I value your contribution on Head-fi, but I don't understand the attitude you took in the last few posts here.