Recommend me a blu-ray player

hYdrociTy

that is not a ps3....

i'm thinking sharp aquos or any of the sony bdp500 but are there things to look for if i want good price/performance or something? thanks.

The PS3 is one of the best Bluray palyers out there right now, and mine works great! IMO the PS3 is the best price/perf ratio player out there right now.

I have a samsung bd player. It takes forever to load movies, or do just about anything. The latest Die Hard movie (blu ray) just plain doesn't work, even after updating the player via USB. I've tried 2 different copies of the movie. The DVD version plays fine though :rolleyes:

Steer clear of Samsung :mad:

The PS3 plays every BD I got without a hitch, which many Blu players can't boast, and is the fastest loading player out right now.

Totally OT, since I don't even know what a blu-ray player really is, but this is really my pet peeve: recommend me. That's just soooo wrong. Recommend you to what? Recommend you to whom? Here are better option: Recommend a blu-ray player for me, or recommend a blu-ray player to me, or even please make a recommendation, blah blah blah.

I feel much better now :)

i styled this after the other threads out there. I though the horrible grammar would attract more hobbyists.

The reason I left out the ps3 is because that is my first choice. I was just curious if there's anything out there that would do a better job without costing much more..

Totally OT, since I don't even know what a blu-ray player really is, but this is really my pet peeve: recommend me. That's just soooo wrong. Recommend you to what? Recommend you to whom? Here are better option: Recommend a blu-ray player for me, or recommend a blu-ray player to me, or even please make a recommendation, blah blah blah.

I feel much better now :)

Actually, isn't, "Recommend a blu-ray player to me" the same as "recommend me a blu-ray player"? Subject-verb-indirectobject-directobject?

Sort of like "give the ball to me" is the same as "give me the ball"?

i styled this after the other threads out there. I though the horrible grammar would attract more hobbyists.

:rofl:

grab a PS3. I have the 40gb and it is super quiet. Supposedly some of the higher models are noisier, but I can't vouch for this with personal experience.

Hasn't failed to play a disc, the picture is fantastic, and the sound is as well. Some folks bitch about the controller being a bad remote. Its fine with me, seeing as how I just play movies, and occasionally pause them using the start button to pee or get more water or peanuts.

:rofl:

grab a PS3. I have the 40gb and it is super quiet. Supposedly some of the higher models are noisier, but I can't vouch for this with personal experience.

I've heard this as well but I don't think my original 60gig is loud at all. Certainly nothing like the 360 and it's shitty dvd drive.