Neutrik 4 pin XLR

DigiPete

Pete,

If you are making a trip into LA proper, Pacific Radio Electronics (one in Hollywood and one in Burbank) has these in stock. I just bought one about 3 weeks ago from there. And in case you are not familiar with them they are a big parts supply place for the studios. So they have a lot of DIY goodies like Neutrik, Canare, Switchcraft connectors and a lot of different types of cables, including the Mogami 2538 cable you like.

Pete,

If you are making a trip into LA proper, Pacific Radio Electronics (one in Hollywood and one in Burbank) has these in stock. I just bought one about 3 weeks ago from there. And in case you are not familiar with them they are a big parts supply place for the studios. So they have a lot of DIY goodies like Neutrik, Canare, Switchcraft connectors and a lot of different types of cables, including the Mogami 2538 cable you like.

Cool... I'll have to note that. I get to LA maybe once a month.

I used to live there for 17 years... things have changed since I was there.

Still go there to visit my family. Its not so bad if you avoid the traffic times.

I agree that traffic is miserable there now. It seems to run heavy from 6 am to 8 pm on weekdays and from 9 am to 6 pm on weekends. When I'm sitting in it, I always wonder how people can do it day in and day out. I couldn't and retain my sanity.

Where in SoCal are you now? Hopefully a nicer place with little traffic and good air.

I agree that traffic is miserable there now. It seems to run heavy from 6 am to 8 pm on weekdays and from 9 am to 6 pm on weekends. When I'm sitting in it, I always wonder how people can do it day in and day out. I couldn't and retain my sanity.

Where in SoCal are you now? Hopefully a nicer place with little traffic and good air.

Palmdale: less traffic, better air, slower pace, it suits me :)

The selection at Pacific Radio will be like a toy store for you. The only bad thing is that they seem to be list price on everything. FYI the Hollywood Guitar Center sells Mogami 2538 for $1 per foot whereas Pacific is $1.23 ft. But there is nothing like walking in and getting just what you need, connectors & all right off the shelf.

And thanks again for the tip on the Mogami, it has become my everyday cable.

Speaking of the Mogami, I see that Markertek has it by the foot. Is that where everyone gets it or is there a better place to buy?

I just ordered some Neutrik XLRs from Mouser to fill out a smaller order and figured I'd start on a pair of balanced cables for the home rig.

Speaking of the Mogami, I see that Markertek has it by the foot. Is that where everyone gets it or is there a better place to buy?

I just ordered some Neutrik XLRs from Mouser to fill out a smaller order and figured I'd start on a pair of balanced cables for the home rig.

Yes that's were I got the Mogami from in the past and the XLRs