The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Great pics, Jeff!

I am really liking Smugmug so far. I have set up a pro account and bought a domain name to match to make it look more official. I don't intend to sell any but I really just wanted to go through the process of setting it up.

I set up Vinylspinner Photography

I ended up going with a power account as I didn't need all the bells and whistles of pro account but still wanted to changes some things around. I also repurposed for it a domain name that I wasn't using anymore. My family likes the Smugmug setup a lot better than Flickr.

Here's what I've setup so far - Haj & D Photography | SmugMug

Very Nice. I need to do some work on mine.

Good to see the Head-Case Glencairn getting some modeling time in your household.

Thanks. I keep fiddling with mine, though I should stop doing that as I tend to break one thing while changing something else.

Yes, the Glencairn glass gets used a lot around here, though usually only for its intended purpose.

That's not a bad shot, CJ. Usually, when you take a high ISO long exposure shot like that, you get a lot of noise. I thought you had some fringing on a part of the tube, but it looks like it's a green reflection. You're either forcing the ISO down, or the S95 is a very good camera. probably some of both.

That's not a bad shot, CJ. Usually, when you take a high ISO long exposure shot like that, you get a lot of noise. I thought you had some fringing on a part of the tube, but it looks like it's a green reflection. You're either forcing the ISO down, or the S95 is a very good camera. probably some of both.

f/2, 15 sec, ISO 500

high iso pictures were too bright. too low came out too dark. i kept messing around with 400, 500, and 640. the green light is actually from the router sitting right below the tube. i tried to kill every single light in the room but couldnt be bothered beyond just flipping the light switch for the over head lights heh.

the slight blue (not purple, purple was the tube) tint was actually from my mouse which i had already covered with a sheet of paper. but i guess with an exposure that long, whatever little light is there gets sucked in?