The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

^^ You're right on both accounts, Salty. Lens Rentals has an IR 5Deuce for rent that has tempted me since I first noticed it last year. A week of renting it is more expensive than getting LifePixel to convert my 30D. I am seriously considering that, BTW. I need another digital body before I can do so, and to get my EF-S 17-85mm fixed, but after I will have an IR30D.

5416866645_59f35405a3_b.jpg

5417477612_a6ea6500f0_b.jpg

5417477950_6fe8de0997_b.jpg

These were all taken on my Pentax K-x with the Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, straight off in-camera jpeg. The macro shot used a Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1. What a great little flash unit. The built in diffuser and reflector card make it awesome for macro shots, almost alleviating the need for a ring flash. Here's one focused at 1:1 indoors in low light using the flash:

5418980009_7027e5ba73_b.jpg

Along with those flashes, Canon announced some more new items (T3i/600D, T3/1100D, couple of new lenses). I have no use for any of them, but 200-400/4L with built in 1.4 extender looks neat.

Kind of disappointed that all these bodies (550D, 600D, 60D) basically share same sensor/IQ with difference in features only. I was hoping for some sort of announcement towards mirrorless canon body or 5D mkiii myself...

5DIII announcement may still come - WPPI is later this month after all. I doubt mirrorless camera will be anytime soon. If/when they do come out with one, I'd hope they come out at the same time with decent selections of lenses dedicated to the system, unlike the other mirrorless systems we have now.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

5DIII announcement may still come - WPPI is later this month after all. I doubt mirrorless camera will be anytime soon. If/when they do come out with one, I'd hope they come out at the same time with decent selections of lenses dedicated to the system, unlike the other mirrorless systems we have now.

Well, Zeiss and Schneider-Kreuznach have recently signed on with the micro 4/3 system so my guess is there's some nice prime lenses on the way. Unfortunately they ain't gonna be cheap.

I was using a 2x teleconverter that doesn't reflect in the exif, and a CPL, so though these were the last rays of the day, the exposure is longer than you'd have thought.

I was thinking about picking up a 1.4x teleconverter. Some seem to claim the IQ suffer noticeably due to teleconverters, but have you noticed?

BTW. How DO you view the exif data at Head-Case? Tried right-clicking on the photo but nothing..

I was thinking about picking up a 1.4x teleconverter. Some seem to claim the IQ suffer noticeably due to teleconverters, but have you noticed?

BTW. How DO you view the exif data at Head-Case? Tried right-clicking on the photo but nothing..

It will depend on the TC and the lens. Usually 1.4x's are fairly benign. The 2x I got for a song on a whim, and oddly it works better on my Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 than my Tokina 300 f/2.8.

got my kodachrome in today. scans look like shit but the slides look ok, I think. Getting them rescanned from a friend to see if it was a problem with expired film or scanning.

Wait a minute. How did you develop your Kotachrome? I thought that last place closed down some time ago?